Hey, guys, so I just started a music blog on Blogger, and I am trying to figure out how to start taking it seriously. I've attempted starting blogs before, but I always bail on them because I feel so daunted, haha. For those of you who have and run your own blog, how did you guys start to gain traction and attention? I'm not doing anything revolutionary and I am okay with that. I just want to have a place where people can share their music, and find new bands that they might not have heard of before. Mostly "pretty" music, though(that's my niche, haha). Feel free to share your blog, regardless of whether or not it has much to do with music. I would love to check it out.
Thanks!
try acting whiny and emotional and acting as if all of your problems are someone else's fault.

edit: oh a music blog, i dunno
Write something like "im 15 and go to school with ****ing assholes that think rap is music and wont even give good music a try. if it wasn't for [insert band here] i don't think id be alive today nor would i be able to make it through every school day of hell." on every post and you'll have a following in no time.
local scene???

Really, unless you go out and run into nobody bands who are actively seeking recognition and buy their CD, you're just going to be regurgitating other shit from other blogs/sites like 99% of the internet.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
local scene???

Really, unless you go out and run into nobody bands who are actively seeking recognition and buy their CD, you're just going to be regurgitating other shit from other blogs/sites like 99% of the internet.

Ah! God point, thanks!
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Write something like "im 15 and go to school with ****ing assholes that think rap is music and wont even give good music a try. if it wasn't for [insert band here] i don't think id be alive today nor would i be able to make it through every school day of hell." on every post and you'll have a following in no time.

Have you been reading my blog?
I really wouldn't know, but i have tried starting up a blog or updating my Tumblr account with regular kind of articles of thoughts about random things, but because there wasn't any running theme, and i didn't really believe in it enough to share it on other social networks, it didn't really take off.

If i do start an actual blog that i want to promote, i would probably make a seperate one to my personal Tumblr account.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I delete half of the posts I make on this site. I don't think I could handle opening a blog.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I delete half of the posts I make on this site. I don't think I could handle opening a blog.

If it ain't there it ain't happened!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

some advice... i have a few blogs and a couple weekly podcasts of varying degrees of "success". It is always very hard to get noticed and don't expect any interaction. Modern audiences have easy access to write to bloggers or podcasters but rarely do. If they do write it is only to bitch about something you said or to correct your grammar. So, just write about what you care about and try to do cross promo stuff at local venues and just keep plugging away. It is a fruitless labor of love so don't expect anyone to care. If you keep writing about what you love then it isn't really work. hope this helps, i am not trying to be a downer or sound negative just realistic. I would recommend not trying to write or blog in an inflammatory way because that only gets the bad or negative reactions to your readers and will never get you any long term followers only people that come to cause crap.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by captainsnazz
Write an article about how only 4% of teens listen to real music these days (it's true!)

You say justin Bieber, I say MetallicA!
Quote by Neo Evil11

i once belonged to a forum where deleting posts would cause this so called "page flip bug" ... for each deleted post in the thread, a brand new page would be inaccessible. the bug would work itself out if more new posts were made since the page break than were deleted in the past.

needless to say i deleted all my post hahahahahaha fuckers
Quote by zenbone
some advice... i have a few blogs and a couple weekly podcasts of varying degrees of "success". It is always very hard to get noticed and don't expect any interaction. Modern audiences have easy access to write to bloggers or podcasters but rarely do. If they do write it is only to bitch about something you said or to correct your grammar. So, just write about what you care about and try to do cross promo stuff at local venues and just keep plugging away. It is a fruitless labor of love so don't expect anyone to care. If you keep writing about what you love then it isn't really work. hope this helps, i am not trying to be a downer or sound negative just realistic. I would recommend not trying to write or blog in an inflammatory way because that only gets the bad or negative reactions to your readers and will never get you any long term followers only people that come to cause crap.

I find it's very easy to find a medium write your thoughts on now, but due to the sheer volume of people writing blogs etc. it's much harder to gain an audience. Exactly my thoughts about 'don't expect anyone to care'.
I write (have written, been lazy lately )
Frankly, I imagine that people could look at my blog as a bit of a whiney 15 year old complaining, as some of my posts have been writing on topics that I wasn't especially happy about, but either way i've tried to keep my writing positive and hopefully grown up.

TL;DR
I only post because I get enjoyment out of writing and also as a way to look back on my life in the future.

edit:
also to the TS, I think you will find that if you get any recognition on your blog, it will be almost exclusively from your friends, that's after you promote it too.
but as Zenbone said, if you enjoy it, go ahead!
Last edited by ambler3 at Jun 28, 2013,
Don't bother with a blog. Nobody gives two hoots what anybody else says, they just want a platform from which to spew their own convoluted drivel.

Poo.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.