I was wondering if I got a Fender Mustang V cab, could I use my Fender Mustang 3 as a head for it or would that not work?
Does the Mustang 3 have a speaker output jack? What's the impedance of the Mustang 3's amp? What the impedance of the Mustang V?

With the answers to those questions, we can tell you if it'll work.
The Mustang 3 has a send and receive effects loop, but also has the things on the speaker to add another external speaker. My dad and I made it to where this cab I have will run off of that, but only two of the speakers work in the cab and it's made for basses; but the Mustang speaker and those speakers run at the same time when doing this. The Mustangs impedance is 8 Ohms and the cab for the Mustang V is (Inputs: 2.25" 8 Ohm Speaker Inputs running in stereo; one jack used alone=4 Ohms mono (all 4 speakers in parallel) or Output Impedance: 8 Ohms per side) and the head that goes with the Mustang V cab is - Output Impedance: 8 Ohms per side. So I'm guessing I'll need both and cant run it off of my Mustang 3
What are you hoping to accomplish by adding a cab?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by XIVaughnIX
Making it louder by having a 4x12 instead of a 1x12

The volume difference would be pretty insignificant. You'll push more air and have more presence, but if volume is what you really need, the cab would be wasted money.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
That's what I meant was like, more presence. Have a wall of sound rather than just one little area of where the sound is coming from. I watched an hour long video this morning about amps and how the volume isn't really increased, just the presence, and that's what I meant. Sorry
Quote by XIVaughnIX
That's what I meant was like, more presence. Have a wall of sound rather than just one little area of where the sound is coming from. I watched an hour long video this morning about amps and how the volume isn't really increased, just the presence, and that's what I meant. Sorry

Honestly, just hold off until you've upgraded amps. The Mustangs aren't bad, but if you're looking to push air and get crazy, they're just not going to get the job done, even with a cab.
Whenever I upgrade, I was either going to get the Mustang 5 head/cab or a Randall RX120RHS. I was leaning more toward the Mustang because of all the effects and whatnot saves a lot of money by not having to buy effects and things like that.
Quote by XIVaughnIX
Whenever I upgrade, I was either going to get the Mustang 5 head/cab or a Randall RX120RHS. I was leaning more toward the Mustang because of all the effects and whatnot saves a lot of money by not having to buy effects and things like that.

I would highly recommend staying away from either of those amps, but that is another thread for another day.
Quote by souperman08
I would highly recommend staying away from either of those amps, but that is another thread for another day.

I will agree to this. Although I don't know a lot about the Randall, the Mustang V isn't great. I recently sold mine due to the issues I was having.

At low volumes, the amp sounds amazing. Great tones etc. The higher you go, the thinner the sound gets, the more noise it makes, and the more you want to kick it down the stairs. Built in noise gate is worthless, and external gates have to be cranked so high, it cuts off your signal all together.

Just my opinion :-)