Daemos
Est 1989
103 IQ
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what strings the Grind 5 owners on these forums are using for this bass? I've already wasted money on a D'addario long scale set that tapered before the nut on the B and E because they were too short. The super long scale sets seem to go no higher than a .130 on the B, which seems a bit light to me.

The previous strings were a D'Addario set (I suppose they must've been the super longs, I just took the guy in the store's recommendation), but I did find the B to be looser than I'd have liked.

So really I'm looking for suggestions on strings that definitely fit on this bass. Probably round-wounds as I play in a thrash band and need a fairly bright tone to cut through.

Cheers.
My Bands

Latest Original Recording
dark Mass
ZORK
30 IQ
What tuning does your band play in?

Anyways D'Addario makes low B's .135 and .145 gauges. Although you would have to make your own set.

https://www.bassstringsonline.com/-DAddario-ProSteels-ROUND-WOUND-Single-Strings-and-Build-your-own-Custom-String-Set_p_440.html
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Daemos
Est 1989
103 IQ
We play in standard tuning. I hadn't thought to look for single strings, so thanks for that suggestion! Look like it could get costly though!
My Bands

Latest Original Recording
roast
UG Addict
182 IQ
For a low B on a 35" bass, .130 is sufficient, but not comfortable enough IMO. I'd prefer something a little beefier, perhaps .140.

Go for a custom gauge.
Check out Circle K Strings who do custom sets - if you've a particular preference for tapers, I'm sure they would accommodate.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
130 IQ
GHS Boomers are fine strings at a reasonable price, and they don't have those tapers that screw with 35" scale basses and string-through-the-body basses.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB
673 IQ
Quote by roast
For a low B on a 35" bass, .130 is sufficient, but not comfortable enough IMO. I'd prefer something a little beefier, perhaps .140.

Go for a custom gauge.
Check out Circle K Strings who do custom sets - if you've a particular preference for tapers, I'm sure they would accommodate.

Circle K only use short tapers, unfortunately.