Hiya!

So, as the title suggests, I was wondering what audio interface would be suitable JUST for recording vocals. Only 1 input(?) would be needed, but something which produces great sounding stuff would be wunderbar!

Thanks a lot guys.

Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Depends on your price range...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Depends on your price range...

That's a damn good point.

I converted $500 Aussie dollars to American to give a sense of my budget. $461 was the converted price...so anywhere around there really.

Thanks
Quote by slash_GNR666

I find it's usually better to convert prices with examples, that way we can account for the "Australia Tax". A Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 runs about $499 here in Aus, the Pro 24 DSP runs $439, and the Motu Audio Express runs $489.

My guess is there isn't much that's better than the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (the one in the sticky) that's worth the extra dough.

Also, are you buying local (in which case, what stores are you looking at) or are you buying online?
Quote by chatterbox272
I find it's usually better to convert prices with examples, that way we can account for the "Australia Tax". A Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 runs about $499 here in Aus, the Pro 24 DSP runs $439, and the Motu Audio Express runs $489.

My guess is there isn't much that's better than the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (the one in the sticky) that's worth the extra dough.

Also, are you buying local (in which case, what stores are you looking at) or are you buying online?

Great! Thanks for the response!

Ahh, okay. Yeah, I've been looking at Focusrite and I reckon I've come across the Scarlett, but the 2i4 isn't listed on the sites I'm on, so it may need to be ordered in...I don't know what the price'll be like either, but I'll call tomorrow when they're open (they closed 30 minutes ).

That's super helpful though, thanks so much.

I'll be buying from a store, yeah.
Quote by slash_GNR666

Which store are you buying from?
And over here in Perth, a Scarlett 2i4 costs $239 at Kosmic so I wouldn't pay any more than $250 for it (and in the eastern states I'd call that a bit steep, we sometimes get a WA tax along with the Australia tax).
Quote by chatterbox272
Which store are you buying from?
And over here in Perth, a Scarlett 2i4 costs $239 at Kosmic so I wouldn't pay any more than $250 for it (and in the eastern states I'd call that a bit steep, we sometimes get a WA tax along with the Australia tax).

John Reynolds...They're just located in South Australia I believe. I used to support Derringers, but the staff are incredible at John Reynolds and the prices are always better there. That's actually quite a good price though! Didn't expect it to be so cheap. Thanks so much man. I appreciate it!!!
Quote by slash_GNR666