I recently picked up a Fulltone OCD (great pedal!) I'd like to get another OD to compliment it though. Any suggestions? I was looking at the Voyager or Morning Glory; I guess the TS9 is always an option as well. I play mostly pop punk/alternative rock through a Fender HRD. Thanks!
do you want something more tubescreamery or more transparent?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was leaning towards making the OCD my low-gain pedal and finding another one to be "Tubescreamy" but the OCD is versatile enough that if there is another more transparent pedal that would combo really well with it, I could make the OCD my high-gain
The ocd has more gain than a tubescreamer. Tubescreamers don't have a ton of gain.

If you're getting a tubescreamer, a regular old ibanez ts9 does the job great. No sense in buying these crazy expensive boutique clones of a pedal you can get for 50-60 dollars used.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
TS9 all day
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
I'd get the Voyager, if you're referring to the Walrus Voyager. It should compliment the OCD pretty well or work for boosting it too. There is a midrange content in it that should work with your amp.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Timmy. Pretty transparent good range of gain. I have both a timmy and ocd on my board at the moment.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Timmy. Pretty transparent good range of gain. I have both a timmy and ocd on my board at the moment.

+1, they also have their op amp socketed so you can experiment with different gain and gain structure by using different op amp chips.
Quote by CCrev
I recently picked up a Fulltone OCD (great pedal!) I'd like to get another OD to compliment it though. Any suggestions? I was looking at the Voyager or Morning Glory; I guess the TS9 is always an option as well. I play mostly pop punk/alternative rock through a Fender HRD. Thanks!

voyager is a klon clone. morning glory is a bluesbreaker clone.

a lot of people don't like their timmys with fenders, because of the scooped nature of the fender eq.

i'd probably rec a bondi effects sick as overdrive. based on a klon, but flexible as ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq379baG9Uk
If you're looking for transparency, check out the Barber Gain Changer. It stacks beautifully with other mild overdrives like the OCD.
the ocd is basically a rebranded TS
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Wrong

And from what I hear is more based on a rat style overdrive.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^I agree, I think it has a ton more gain to it than the TS9, the HP option basically turns it into a straight distortion pedal
Quote by fastlanestoner
the ocd is basically a rebranded TS

nah

i think it was (loosely) based on some voodoo labs od (which is discontinued now).

Quote by ibanezguitars44
Wrong

And from what I hear is more based on a rat style overdrive.

i don't think it was based on a rat... but it's not a million miles away, either. closer to a rat than a ts (even though it doesn't sound like a rat).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah maybe not then. I heard that somewhere, and then hearing the similarities I figured there was a chance of it being true.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
bear in mind what i'm saying i heard somewhere too, so
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well don't we just know our stuff

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
oh no i meant my info might be wrong too
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know...I was being funny....

Or trying.....

I mean....

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ah right
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dunno if this is relevant or not but I use my amp's (Fender BDR) drive channel with the OCD to get a really nice overdriven blues tone to a british rock tone quite easily.