Page 1 of 2
So I recently started going out with a girl who is vegan, and I realised: I have no ****ing clue how to make anything vegan.

I enjoy cooking and would love to be able to make her dinner, but I don't know anything vegan besides bean burritos.

So I turn to the Pit for vegan dish ideas to help me to continue to get me laid.

Please help me.
Make some quorn with rice, vegetables and peanut sauce.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I bet you both stink when you are sleeping.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by jetfuel495
If someone gives me a recipe for vegan steak, fried chicken, or hot dogs, I would be very grateful.

recipe for vegan meat:

soy
chemicals

Anyways, a lot of vegan shit heavily relies on sauces and stuff. Learn to make tofu taste different in 50 ways. Bread is the ****ing shit too, learn about it. Also fruits are cool
I'm considering going vegan, so my diet will consist of going out places to eat and being broke.

And missing the ever loving **** out of meat.
Cous cous/rice/pasta + an assortment of vegetables
Various forms of fried potato
Oh and mushrooms is you like mushrooms

I'm a vegetarian but I don't like eggs and all dairy products in france are revolting so I'm effectively vegan. I like on the stuff up there ^
Last edited by captainsnazz at Jun 23, 2013,
best advice: dump her and go out with a real girl

or make her bread with ketchup on it, which is probably as good as vegan cuisine would possibly be anyway
pinga
Quote by ThorinKing
Just make her a salad.

This.

Stop trying to be vegan while still enjoying food.

You can't have your meat and eat it.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
You could make some Thai food.

Black pepper garlic tofu and/or Green curry with steamed rice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2my_diH6A

EDIT:

Da **** guys, stealing my ideas.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Last edited by muffinduck01 at Jun 23, 2013,
Curry (chick pea, potato, mushroom), Stir Fry (tofu, cashew, carrot, spring onion), Pasta (Tomato sauce, mushroom, olive, aubergine)

Personal favourite:

1)Boil Brown Rice
2)Stir Fry Tofu and broccoli with garlic and soy sauce
3)Heat Almond Butter, water, soy sauce, brown rice vinegar and agave syrup in a saucepan
4)Throw all that shit together
Pasta with onions, tomato and zucchini?

Pasta with quorn?

Something, something with arugula? Arugula is lovely.

She doesn't even eat cheese, right? Fukin' hell, I couldn't live like that. I put cheese on everything.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Pasta with quorn?
Nah, quorn isn't vegan cos of eggs.
It isn't going to last, there's nothing more frustrating than somebody who will turn down basically all normal food (which is what a vegan would pretty much have to do to be a legitimate one).
How strict is she? Because if she's uber strict then there's pretty much no food on the planet that doesn't rely on animals in some way, so she'll probably end up starving to death. If she's not very strict then serve steak...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by psyks
Nah, quorn isn't vegan cos of eggs.

wut? Isn't quorn just fungus?
edit: nvm the binding is egg.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Thrashtastic15
It isn't going to last, there's nothing more frustrating than somebody who will turn down basically all normal food (which is what a vegan would pretty much have to do to be a legitimate one).

I don't know, there are a lot of options and stuff that fits inside "normal foods." It just takes more attention to the details. One of my favorite restaurants has great fries, vegan quesadillas and veggie burgers that are about as good as the "real thing."

Except those fries, they're actually the best I've ever had.
Quote by Todd Hart
How strict is she? Because if she's uber strict then there's pretty much no food on the planet that doesn't rely on animals in some way, so she'll probably end up starving to death. If she's not very strict then serve steak...

I'm trying to break her from being vegan, but she's under the weird idea that being vegan will help her lose weight.
Quote by blake1221
I don't know, there are a lot of options and stuff that fits inside "normal foods." It just takes more attention to the details. One of my favorite restaurants has great fries, vegan quesadillas and veggie burgers that are about as good as the "real thing."

Except those fries, they're actually the best I've ever had.

I mean being a proper vegan. Actively and intelligently not putting your consumer dollar to any corporations, organizations, or products that unnecessarily bring harm to helpless animals blah blah blah
Dude don't listen to these ass holes saying rude shit. Like one person said Vegan food is based heavily on Tofu. Another great thing is pasta. So maybe chop some Tofu up and put it in some pasta with maybe some bread stick on the side.

Here's a great tip i tell people all the time to know what is safe for a vegan. If it has anything to do with an animal its not vegan safe. That means no eggs, dairy or meat.

Hope this helps man. and if anyone replies back i wont know cause i wont be reading your shit and encouraging your stupidity =P Good luck man and i hope she likes your food.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I mean being a proper vegan. Actively and intelligently not putting your consumer dollar to any corporations, organizations, or products that unnecessarily bring harm to helpless animals blah blah blah

Ahhh, yeah. It's rough and takes diligence. I'm not sure if I could be that strict about it.

Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm trying to break her from being vegan, but she's under the weird idea that being vegan will help her lose weight.

Well don't be a shitty person about it. Let her be what she wants.
A friend told me once about a girl he used to date she was also a vegan. And she wouldnt give him Bj's because its was like eating a hot dog and that was wrong.

They didnt go out for long.
"So I turn to the Pit for vegan dish ideas to help me to continue to get me laid".

Dude she's vegan, she doesn't like meat inside her.
Quote by blake1221
Ahhh, yeah. It's rough and takes diligence. I'm not sure if I could be that strict about it.

No, it's virtually impossible. & most "vegans" aren't doing a very good job at it. So lighten up and have a steak.
Page 1 of 2