Page 1 of 3
Right now I'm doing this diet for fat loss out of the a book called the Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss. If you've never heard of Tim Ferriss, google him. You'll thank me later.

Anyway, the 4 hour body diet is basically like this:

1. don't eat anything that is or can be white (no grains, pasta, dairy, etc.)
2. no fruit
3. don't drink calories
4. eat the same meals over and over
5. once a week, eat whatever you want

I lost 31 pounds in the first 3 months (209lbs to 178lbs) doing this so I know it works. Lately my weight loss has slowed to a trickle and I'm getting pretty bored with it. I'm also going to be on vacation in some tropical places this summer with crazy exotic fruit that I wanna try. The paleo diet allows fruit, which is awesome for me because I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

Have you ever tried the paleo diet? Know anyone who has? Did they get good results?
Quote by LostLegion
Seems like a death sentence for me.

+1 I'm on the Happiness diet which involves eating what I want and drinking most of my calories.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Excluding steps 1, 2, and 3, I follow that diet to a tee.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
A friend of mine is on a strict diet because she's allergic to a bunch of shit, and she's skinny and works out a lot.

I'm a fatass because I eat whatever and hardly move. A paleo diet isn't going to ****ing fix that.
All you need is low calorie intake and high protein intake combined with strength training 3 times per week. Enjoy.
Yeah I'm not chasing a mammoth for days with a spear, so I don't think this would be that necessary for me...
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I hate trendy diets. It's not a long term fix to a weight problem.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Avedas
All you need is low calorie intake and high protein intake combined with strength training 3 times per week. Enjoy.

Add in cardio. HIIT two days a week, and low intensity once.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt

Or you know, whatever the hell you want. Make fun of a magic bullet diet and then propose a magic bullet routine?

Silliness.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by lolmnt

I think this is good if your results start to plateau. YMMV of course.
Quote by CoreysMonster
A friend of mine is on a strict diet because she's allergic to a bunch of shit, and she's skinny and works out a lot.

I'm a fatass because I eat whatever and hardly move. A paleo diet isn't going to ****ing fix that.

Sedentary master race.
Quote by Dreadnought
Or you know, whatever the hell you want. Make fun of a magic bullet diet and then propose a magic bullet routine?

Silliness.

Never said it was a magic bullet. Anything active is fine.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Pseduoscience reasoning, yet pragmatically does what it claims.

If you're a fatass then do it. If not, carb city bitch.
I was on a 4 hour diet once. damn fridge was empty.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
**** all that nonsense and follow the Cb4rabid diet:

1. eat once a day
2. eat whatever you want whenever you want
3. no fruit. ever
4. no vegetables

i'm at 130 pounds and I never stray from that. youll thank me later
pinga
Quote by Anthem731

I bet shitting is fun.

2. no fruit

Yay for vitamin deficiencies!

3. don't drink calories

Yay for not drinking anything!

Yay for likely deficiencies in every nutritional category, and boredom!

Yay for letting fat ****s with no self-control be fat ****s with no-self control.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
If your weight is currently stable, work out more or be more active without changing your diet.
shouldn't copies of the book have FDA warnings or whatever on them?

Although on second thought, that would only increase the attractiveness of the book to those it targets.
Paleo isn't a weight loss diet. It is a way of eating to ensure your body has the necessary nutrients to maintain an extremely active (read: crossfit) lifestyle. If you aren't active, you're not going to see the benefits of the diet.

You don't eat the same thing over and over. No legumes, no dairy, and no starches other than sweet potatoes. Absolutely no processed food. Cant really see anyone arguing that cutting starch and dairy isnt common sense healthy eating. My wife and I have been eating paleo for over a year and have been extremely happy with how we feel and how fast our bodies recover from strenuous workouts. At my last physical, my cholesterol and blood pressure were incredibly healthy and were a drastic change from where they were 3 years ago.
I don't see the point in all this fancy dieting. All you need to do is eat less and move more, it's very simple.
i tried that for a while. just got boring. the most success i had was when i was eating just one meal a day and also walking to anywhere within a mile of my home. as much as i wanted to of anything, but the only stipulation was once a day. once i got used to it, my stomach shrank and my appetite was a lot smaller. got full more quickly. i still ate anything, but just once a day. definitely wasn't starving myself. was a lot more sustainable than the paleo diet. you don't realize how much stuff is pure carbs until you cut it out.

EDIT: obviously you want to eat a lot of veggies. but in my experience, a healthy diet is all about portion control.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jun 23, 2013,
That is quite possibly the most unhealthy diet I've heard. Other people have already pointed out the follies, so listing them again is redundant.
Way to tell if a diet book or exercise regime is legit or not:

Does it say "Consult your doctor before beginning a new diet and/or exercise regime."?

If so, then it's legit. But still check it with your doctor to make sure it's right for you.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by negativefx
Paleo isn't a weight loss diet. It is a way of eating to ensure your body has the necessary nutrients to maintain an extremely active (read: crossfit) lifestyle. If you aren't active, you're not going to see the benefits of the diet.

You don't eat the same thing over and over. No legumes, no dairy, and no starches other than sweet potatoes. Absolutely no processed food. Cant really see anyone arguing that cutting starch and dairy isnt common sense healthy eating. My wife and I have been eating paleo for over a year and have been extremely happy with how we feel and how fast our bodies recover from strenuous workouts. At my last physical, my cholesterol and blood pressure were incredibly healthy and were a drastic change from where they were 3 years ago.

The implication being that paleolithic man was active and thus had a well tailored diet? Because both of those assumptions are quite incorrect.
Quote by Todd Hart
The implication being that paleolithic man was active and thus had a well tailored diet? Because both of those assumptions are quite incorrect.

Living until 23 is worth it for dem abs.

any diet that has this as part of it is bullshit.
Quote by Anthem731
Right now I'm doing this diet for fat loss out of the a book called the Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss. If you've never heard of Tim Ferriss, google him. You'll thank me later.

Anyway, the 4 hour body diet is basically like this:

2. no fruit
3. don't drink calories

I lost 31 pounds in the first 3 months (209lbs to 178lbs) doing this so I know it works. Lately my weight loss has slowed to a trickle and I'm getting pretty bored with it. I'm also going to be on vacation in some tropical places this summer with crazy exotic fruit that I wanna try. The paleo diet allows fruit, which is awesome for me because I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

Have you ever tried the paleo diet? Know anyone who has? Did they get good results?
I couldn't do this.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by CoreysMonster
Living until 23 is worth it for dem abs.

Well it's unlikely they really had pronounced abs or biceps. If you look at modern day tribes people they don't at all resemble what we in the west consider an example of fitness.

And

Quote by Todd Hart
Well it's unlikely they really had pronounced abs or biceps. If you look at modern day tribes people they don't at all resemble what we in the west consider an example of fitness.

And

They clearly didn't have enough helium penguins.
Page 1 of 3