Hi there,
I'm in the process of crossing over from a combo amp to a POD HD Desktop and was wondering what kind of speakers would be suitable for playing at home? Not sure I want to go through my amp as it may affect the sound quality, so I've been looking into speakers. I already have computer speakers, but I don't think they would be very good..and a PA speaker might be too loud? Never used anything other than combo amps up until now, so I'm a little lost lol. I have like a $250 budget, but I'd prefer not to even spend that much as I just bought the POD and a new 7-string. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Quote by DTI1990
Not sure I want to go through my amp as it may affect the sound quality

Do that. If you're practicing, sound quality doesn't matter too much. Just turn off cabinet simulation, since you'll be playing through an actual speaker: hold "View", go to page 4, and change it to "Combo Pwr Amp". And use a clean channel on the actual amp, of course.
Well it would mainly be for practice, but I do intend on recording as well. My amp is a Peavey Vypyr 75 modeling amp so I'm not sure I can turn off simulations? I do live between 2 houses so I might end up buying speakers anyways if the amp is at once house and I'm at the other
Quote by DTI1990
Well it would mainly be for practice, but I do intend on recording as well.

Then record via USB. That's part of the point of getting a Pod.
Quote by DTI1990
My amp is a Peavey Vypyr 75 modeling amp so I'm not sure I can turn off simulations?

Just set the amp to a clean channel. You're turning off the Pod's cabinet simulation, not the actual amp.
Alright sounds good. You could probably tell I had no idea what I was doing lol. Thanks very much.