I recently bought this amp (pics attached) from a friend who had this amp lying around and never played it. I was hoping that someone on here could give me some more info about this amp because from the people I have talked to I have heard different things about it. Mainly I would like to know if its a guitar or bass amp, but if anyone has any more info I would be happy to hear it.
Attachments:
amp1.jpg
amp2.jpg
amp3.jpg
amp4.jpg
obviously i googled it but i couldnt find out if it was a bass amp vs a guitar amp. A guy I know said it was a bass amp but always thought it was a guitar amp.
I think it's a guitar amp. But that doesn't mean much. Some of the old acoustic stuff is labelled weird. Like the 150 is a guitar amp while the 150b is a bass amp. They're the exact same circuit, but the 150 has reverb and tremolo. But the actual amp is identical.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
looks like you have a first generation 1971 Acoustic 135 guitar amplifier.

there is a page dedicated to the 135 in all it's incarnations.

http://acoustic.homeunix.net/twiki/bin/view/Acoustic/GuitarCombo135

def looks oriented for guitar playing with the 12" speakers, the open back design and the addition of reverb and tremelo in the circuit.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae