I have a semi weight m audio 88 keyboard.

However, some synthesizer sounds I made require high velocity for envelopes to hit.

My keyboard doesn't get to those velocities. I need to press so hard to get to just 108 or so and my whole keyboard wobbles when I try to hit harder so I can't get 126.

I also hate this when I play a virtual piano, cause even though you need to strike harder on a real piano this still is so far out, like I can strike almost twice less power on a piano and still hit upper headroom on it, where's here I can't even hit 126.

I now set my velocities lowered for synths I play through my keys, but it means less dynamic velocity values, which sucks for certain stuff like time based filtered pads or something.

That and a bunch of other st00f. (Sampled piano velocity problems, soundbank splits for controllers that hit 100 with ease, playing chords on higher velocity etc.)

Tldr;
I want to increase the overall velocity sensitivity on my keyboard in that a less hard strike off the key produces a higher midi velocity output value.

I'm sure you guys can help me out.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jun 23, 2013,
Quote by FireHawk
You could possibly change velocity sensitivity in vsti?

That's what I was thinking. Most VST software have a "velocity curve" setting which basically adjusts the output velocity based on the input. It would let you make it so it would be more velocity than you are actually hitting it with.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Most keyboards have different velocity curves - so check whether it can be done by the keyboard first. If my maudio (axiom) is anything to go by, yours should be able to do it.

Else you can do probably do it in the vst as mentioned.
RIP Gooze

cats
RTFM, you can tweak the velocity curves on it (Unless its the keystation 88 then its your own damn fault for buying a shitty keyboard)
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
RTFM, you can tweak the velocity curves on it (Unless its the keystation 88 then its your own damn fault for buying a shitty keyboard)

Well I have this one, and I have had it for a few years. I do not regret buying it cause it did what I wanted at the time on budget.

I could just as easily say everyone is faulty for buying anything that's not high end or does not excel in all aspects following your logic.

At the moment it does not what I want, and I'm asking for help.

Is there a program somewhere that works on mac as a virtual midi bridge to change velocities it receives from the controller and changes the output message to my DAW?

I googled with no results (only for pc).

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jun 24, 2013,