Quote by Zoot Allures
I have a bunch of packs of these and haven't been able to find out very much at all about them, so i was wondering if they're discontinued and if they're decent in general i guess.

It's a pack of nickel/iron 'jazz' 12 - 54s for what its worth

Hey, Zoot!
Dean Markley got bought out, & streamlined their operations. They discontinued many versions of their strings. I've never played any of their strings that I couldn't use. I have some of those stashed away somewhere too.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
Hey, Zoot!
Dean Markley got bought out, & streamlined their operations. They discontinued many versions of their strings. I've never played any of their strings that I couldn't use. I have some of those stashed away somewhere too.

Hello.

And i see, makes sense. Maybe i should keep some to pass down through the generations.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Hello.

And i see, makes sense. Maybe i should keep some to pass down through the generations.

meh, they are just rebranded ernie balls
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
They're the best strings ever made! When I first started using those strings, my tone became so beautiful that my mother wept. I was so excited by the beautifully warm sound that I went and bought every set that the store had. I was devastated when I learned that these amazing strings had been discontinued.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Dean Markley is throwing its weight behind the Helix series, so a few of the oldies but goodies were given the axe. You should be able to find SLPs on shelves and through online retailers for a while.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley