Page 1 of 2
What is the strangest place you have ever visited?

For me, it was probably a small town in Denmark called Vildbjerg. It was a lovely town, don't get me wrong, and the few people i did encounter were very nice, but because it's pretty small and surrounded by countryside, it is incredibly quiet, and the streets are incredibly clean, and when i went out to the shops, i hardly saw anyone in the streets. It kind of reminded me of either a model town, or some kind of army training area where they do raiding exercises. I think if i wasn't from the city, i wouldn't have found it so strange.

EDIT: Post reasons, if you like.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jun 23, 2013,
If we're talking small, creepy towns, I could probably fill two pages with my experiences.

I'm just gonna say one thing: dead goat carcass.

THAT was the weirdest place I've visited.
Some of the more backwater places in Norfolk can be weird, mostly down to the fact the locals have been inbreeding for centuries, speak with an extremely thick accent and speak said accent 40 times faster than elsewhere in the county.
Quote by daytripper75
Anywhere south of Maryland.

+1
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Pittsburgh... Well maybe not strange to some but coming from someone who has never been on the east coast and in a major city, it was weird to me. Hell, the Indian reservation near me wasn't as strange to me.
Quote by donender
Vildbjerg

i can't tell if that's a black metal or a djent band so i can't formulate an opinion
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Probably Arkansas because those people are too nice.

Quote by genghisgandhi
Arizona

We aren't that bad here are we?
New Mexico where I currently reside. The desert is an odd, bizarre place.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Arizona and I still live here.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Im seafarer.
Drakes Passage was insane.Storms 24/7,a lot of wrecks...actually ive seen a lot of insane shit you can only imagine...
Quote by Elderer
Im seafarer.
Drakes Passage was insane.Storms 24/7,a lot of wrecks...actually ive seen a lot of insane shit you can only imagine...

That actually sounds really interesting. Care to post a story or two?
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Addis Ababa. Was during a famine killing 10,000 people a day but you could get anything you wanted there.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by asdfjkl989
was in the Mojave once and im pretty sure I met some psychic being.

I used to go through the town of Mojave about 8 times a year.
There's probably something in the air or water there.
Quote by CodeMonk
I used to go through the town of Mojave about 8 times a year.
There's probably something in the air or water there.

still gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about it!
Quote by CoreysMonster
If we're talking small, creepy towns, I could probably fill two pages with my experiences.

I'm just gonna say one thing: dead goat carcass.

THAT was the weirdest place I've visited.

Tell me.

I'll tell you a story too if you do.
Hey Zoot.

I've been to a lot of creepy strange places. Small towns in Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas/Nebraska mostly.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
One that was the weirdest was probably Groom, Texas which is home to this:

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
We used to go visit a graveyard for the criminally insane on Halloween every year. The graves were numbered so that the families of the people the insane inmates killed, wouldn't vandalize the stones.

Get out of car.
Hair stands on end.
Get back in car.
Drive like hell.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I don't know what's strange anymore. Maybe the upper peninsula of michigan? Just because there's no one there. The whole time I feel like: If some crazy murderman came and killed me right now he'd never get caught and I'd never be found.
Listen. I'm sorry.
I always find old resort towns strange. The ones that had their hayday in the 70's or before but now have entire highways filled with abandoned hotels, resorts, and run-down buildings.

The last time I went to the Catskills in NY, it was kinda like that. Dreary, creepy, and sad. Like the life got sucked right out of it and all thats left is the corpse.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Page 1 of 2