Hey!

I understand this amp isn't that good at all haha, but it's being sold with a cabinet at a low price. If anything I was thinking on keeping the cabinet but selling the head off to some newb or the local music store or something.

The price listed is $250 for the head and 4x12 slanted cab. The cab looks a little aged, but they again, it's not really how it looks in my book if it sounds amazing or good haha.

So UGers, would it be a good deal to get the Marshall G100RCD and a VS412A 4 x 12 cabinet for $250?
No, don't buy either.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
No, one's a cheap ass nasty head and the other is a cheap ass nasty cab.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Pretty sure those VS cabs have Seventy 80's or some other piece of crap in them. And the head, what can you say?
Wouldn't have either if you gave me them to me for free (unless I could sell them straight away.)

The cab's worth tree fitty.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 24, 2013,
Quote by Deathro
Haha works for me! I didn't think cabinets could be all that bad

Cabinets can be awful if the construction of the cab itself is cheap/uses poor materials and the speakers can be garbage as well. A large portion of an amplifiers sound is based around the cabinet/speakers that it's using.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Cabinets can be awful if the construction of the cab itself is cheap/uses poor materials and the speakers can be garbage as well. A large portion of an amplifiers sound is based around the cabinet/speakers that it's using.

How would I know if a cabinet is good? Any specific speakers I should avoid/look to get? and what's the difference between a slanted cab and straight?
(This is one thing im the most clueless on)
You want a cab with Plywood construction most of the low-end cabs are MDF which is not very durable.

Marshall 1960 cabs go cheap used $300-$350 and they have decent speakers already.

The speakers you choose for a specific amp can have a huge impact on the overall tone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I just wanna say that I own the Marshall G30R CD combo and quite like the sound of it... I find myself playing it a lot and it's nothing like an MG. I fully understand no one will agree with me so the flame shield is up!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
What Rob said. When it comes time to buy something find out what sort of speakers are in it and any details you can find out about it and just ask us. There's a lot of people here well versed in the subject. What amp you are using can change what you'd buy too. Some amps suit some speakers better than others.
The type of speaker is the most important part, especially regarding tone. Construction can play a role in that too but to a lesser degree.
Where you live makes a pretty big difference. In the US, I'd be looking at Avatar. In other countries, you'd look elsewhere.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?