Hello everybody!
I'm french so excuse my poor english level...
I want to census all the USA Malmsteen guitars 1st version all over the world, if possible. Fender staff told me they don't know how many guitars were built between 1988 and 1997. So I think the best solution is to ask to all owners to share and post a pic of their strat and the year of production... :wink:
I hope a lot of you will post their beauty...
Here are mine:

The last one (1989)

And my Custom Aztec Gold.

It's your turn now!
Last edited by rastan17 at Jun 24, 2013,
They're forbidden because you're a new user. I don't know how long you have to wait before we can see them or you actually being able to post links. UG did it to prevent the flood of spambots we were getting from posting links.

Anyways, sorry that I'm not much of a help since I don't own and Malmsteen guitars. Hopefully there are some owners on here.
Skip the username, call me Billy
I don't kno who I must to thank but THANK YOU for my pics!!!

Sorry for the king size pics...
Hmm...SOMEbody has very particular tastes- nice collection!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thank you guys!
I love them all but the gold and the vintage white/rosewood are my favorites.
Do you notice a big difference between them? The maple once are brighter then the rosewood probably.
Quote by ThorinKing
Do you notice a big difference between them? The maple once are brighter then the rosewood probably.

Yes, there is some differences between them about weight, sound, resonance... The golden one is very resonant and has a big sound projection. I changed the vibrato block on the 1997 vintage white/maple and she's more resonant now...
They sound all good indeed.
Quote by Supernaut2k
Such a nice collection, thanks for sharing.

Thank you Supernaut2k!
Beautiful guitars! And...a gold YJM Strat with gold hardware? Good Lord! It's a Mary Kaye Malmsteen!!!

Enjoy the hell out of those guitars, and welcome to the forum!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thank you Fatalgear!
I wanted a gold Malmsteen strat. When I saw her in the REH video intro I fall in love with this guitar. Yngwie's gold has a 6 points tremolo but mine has a 2 points synchronized tremolo, I love this vibrato.
Quote by rastan17
Yes, there is some differences between them about weight, sound, resonance... The golden one is very resonant and has a big sound projection. I changed the vibrato block on the 1997 vintage white/maple and she's more resonant now...
They sound all good indeed.

cool

I tried one in a guitar shop ones. It came straight from Fender and i was the first to try it. I dont know why but i came with such high action almost like a dobro. It was almost unplayable, but they lowered the action and some new strings and it was a really nice guitar

It was the newer one with big headstock and vintage bridge.
Yes, I had one of these but I don't like the frets. The neck wasn't comfortable so I sold it! It's very strange because when I tried the Tribute the neck was so easy to play and there is the same frets on ( Jumbo 6000)... Fantastic experience and souvenir as we say I'm France. :-D
I forgot to say the Aztec gold has a nitro finish and not an urethane finish ;-) This is maybe the reason she sounds better than the other ones... Maybe... :-D
Perhaps not...you bought them all!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

No, I don't think I'm the only owner of this signature guitar...
Come on guys!!!
I guess there are not enough YJM fans around here for anyone else to have bought one...

Well, they're not the cheapest guitars around...

That's a hell of a job to do. I'm not too sure how many there are but I know Fender made at least six.