Page 1 of 2
We know the Yanks are an ignorant bunch. Post cultural differences that you think might surprise them.

- I've never had or seen a Taco Bell, a Wendy's, a Papa John's or a Denny's.

- I've never seen a gun.

- When I roll a joint, it's mostly tobacco with the weed sprinkled in, quantity dependant on mood.

- Until recently, I'd never heard of a S'more. Still never had one.

- When my mate was diagnosed with Leukaemia, he was sent to hospital to start his treatment on the same day. His two year program was all free-of-charge. In fact, they even offered to refund his taxi fare to the hospital, but the admin office was in a different building and he couldn't be arsed.

- I've never seen a game of, and don't understand the rules of: baseball, basketball, American football and ice hockey.

- I'm English and I don't like tea.

- There's a shop near me that still sells Twinkies. (Canadian ones, so Twink-ehs.)
Yea, pretty much knew all that.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

Hah. At least about Taco Bell and Wendy's
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
- I've never seen a gun.

Not surprising, I only have a few times
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
- When I roll a joint, it's mostly tobacco with the weed sprinkled in, quantity dependant on mood.

Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
- When my mate was diagnosed with Leukaemia, he was sent to hospital to start his treatment on the same day. His two year program was all free-of-charge. In fact, they even offered to refund his taxi fare to the hospital, but the admin office was in a different building and he couldn't be arsed.

Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
- I've never seen a game of, and don't understand the rules of: baseball, basketball, American football and ice hockey.

Same
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I always thought they were spelled "smores", never was put into a situation where I had to spell s'more though
Neither surprised nor do I care.

But one of you foreign bastards is bound to have a good post.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
I've only seen a gun a couple times and neither time was it being used, or pointed at anything
When I roll a joint, it's mostly tobacco with the weed sprinkled in, quantity dependant on mood.

That isn't really a joint then, is it?

Weak ass bitch stick is what it is.

of course I don't even smoke weed anymore, still. . .
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by TheChaz
None of those things surprise me, but the s'mores thing is sad.

Yup.
Although you guys should all have guns, you never know when you'll decide your life is worth more than someone else's.
I'm Chinese - from Hong Kong. Back home, we prefer the British than the Americans but we talk and speak English like Americans.

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

- I've never seen a gun.

ice hockey.

(Canadian ones, so Twink-ehs.)

all of these things make me angry.

of course youve seen a fkin gun. idiot, you watch movies, tv, go on the internet. twat.

get the tobacco out of there you poor ghetto trash european slime. spliffs are shit. over here the ghetto poor kids mix weed in with their weed for bong rips sometimes and call them "poppers". its for poor shits trying to conserve weed because they fail at life.

its just hockey you dipshit

EH EH EH EH EH EH EH

light yourself on fire fkface
Quote by RealUnrealRob
Yup.
Although you guys should all have guns, you never know when you'll decide your life is worth more than someone else's.

Here's some more:

We have corners on our roads, not just at intersections.

Virtually none of our cities are laid out on a grid

We can all drive cars (automobiles) with manual gearboxes

I don't have a yard, I have a garden

When I go out for a fag, I'm not looking for (another) homosexual

I always wonder why you guys call it the World Series (Baseball, American Football or whatever) when there's only Americans playing
Quote by Rossenrot
I know Americans who share the same characteristics as the ones you listed off. Here's something you might not know bout America, we're incredibly diverse.

Also, Toadvine, nice sig.

You don't know what diverse is. Come to London we'll teach you.
Quote by PSimonR

America is the most heterogeneous nation on Earth, and I've been all over Europe already. Lovely place.
Quote by PSimonR

lol are you really trying to claim that london is more diverse than the entirety of the United States?
Quote by PSimonR
I always wonder why you guys call it the World Series (Baseball, American Football or whatever) when there's only Americans playing

Football is the Superbowl, it was named The Superbowl because the person who was going to come up with the name had a son who always played with a bouncy ball called The Superball, thus Superbowl (srupid right?). The World Series in baseball, I'm not sure but I think, is called the World Series because of the Toronto Blue Jays from Canada. Not sure about that one though
The smores thing and the gun surprised me.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by ehbacon

+1

If someone uses a gun in the UK our police usually end up killing them (Our police don't carry guns but have them in their cars and their use can be authorised over the radio senior officer).

Seriously, you guys shouldn't be too attached to them. More people were killed by toddlers playing with guns in the US last year than were killed by terrorists - fact.
Quote by PSimonR

are you saying that any country is nearly as diverse as the united states is?

and the world series could be considered fitting seeing as how its the most known baseball league in the world were the best players across the world will eventually come to play (most of the time)
Last edited by Unourrit01 at Jun 24, 2013,
Quote by PSimonR
+1

I've been wondering, does +1 mean "like"? I know this sounds stupid, but I'd never heard it before joining this site
Quote by PSimonR
Here's some more:

We have corners on our roads, not just at intersections.

Virtually none of our cities are laid out on a grid

We can all drive cars (automobiles) with manual gearboxes

I don't have a yard, I have a garden

When I go out for a fag, I'm not looking for (another) homosexual

1. I don't know what that means

2. Don't care

3. Hmmm, sure okay I'll give you that although I'd say most Americans with licenses can drive a stick.

4. A garden has vegetables, or flowers, what the hell do you call a garden then?

5. Yep

6. If you think only Americans play in the World Series you are an idiot.
Quote by ehbacon
I've been wondering, does +1 mean "like"? I know this sounds stupid, but I'd never heard it before joining this site

it's like a form of agreement or support of a post.
We Americans are fully aware of how stupid you all are but I guess if you want a thread to further accentuate it then that's cool with me
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

- There's a shop near me that still sells Twinkies. (Canadian ones, so Twink-ehs.)

- Liar

- They're back on shelves here
Quote by blake1221
it's like a form of agreement or support of a post.

ah, thought so
Quote by RealUnrealRob
lol are you really trying to claim that london is more diverse than the entirety of the United States?

It really depends on the period of time you take it over - we've been at it a lot longer than you.

It's not really about diversity it's more about acceptance.

You still have rampant racism. We have it too but a lot less than you.
Quote by PSimonR
+1

Seriously, you guys shouldn't be too attached to them. More people were killed by toddlers playing with guns in the US last year than were killed by terrorists - fact.

Seriously you guys shouldn't force your snooty way of life on other cultures.

Now I'm going to get my rifle, go out in my YARD, and shoot myself some dinner.
-I've never seen crooked yellow teeth.

-I've never seen a Bobby because we're not pussies.

-I've never seen or eaten fish and chips/french fries/freedom fries.

-I've never seen a Queen except for Freddie Mercury.

-I've never not seen a gun.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
-My BMI is listed as normal and I regularly exercise. I also had a salad for lunch.
-I have health insurance.
-I believe in evolution and think the world is round.
-I think gays and muslims are people too.
Quote by PSimonR
It really depends on the period of time you take it over - we've been at it a lot longer than you.

It's not really about diversity it's more about acceptance.

You still have rampant racism. We have it too but a lot less than you.

i dont think YOU know what diversity means.
Quote by Toadvine
Seriously you guys shouldn't force your snooty way of life on other cultures.

Now I'm going to get my rifle, go out in my YARD, and shoot myself some dinner.

and that's why people dislike Americans
Wow I was extremely shocked by all of these cultural differences. I even bridled and my chair almost fell over backwards.

Still reeling from all of those culture shock feels, for serio.
Quote by PSimonR
+1

If someone uses a gun in the UK our police usually end up killing them (Our police don't carry guns but have them in their cars and their use can be authorised over the radio senior officer).

Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

Can't say the same.

- I've never seen a gun.

Besides from a bb gun, I've never seen a real gun either.

That is some week shit man. I don't even smoke and I know that's week shit.

I feel bad for you.

Well it just goes to show how shitty our health system is.

You need to watch some TV then.

I'm American and I like tea.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had Twinkies.
Page 1 of 2