BRAINGASM - Album by Joe Hendon - Anyone want to support my friend's album?

Hey guys!! I wouldn't normally do this sorta thing, but hell I'll go for it anyways. I've been asked to bring attention to a friend's music project on kickstarter, and he would be grateful for any pledges or the such.

Quote by Joe Hendon

BRAINGASM - Album by Joe Hendon
A voyage into the subconscious mind via the prism of insanity. A 15 song behemoth of an album.

My name is Joe Hendon and i'm a guitar teacher/chemistry student. I'm a shy, retiring kinda guy which is why I'm on here asking for all your kind peoples help, as otherwise this would be impossible.

I am working on my first Album!

So here's the run down, the album will be a 15 song leviathan of soundscapes mixed with; driving rock, ambient, electronic, jazz and world music all blended together and spiced with a smidgen of schizophrenia. So, if you're interested in something a bit different, with crazy modal harmonies and a surreal twist rather than your standard 4 chord - singer song writer stuff, then this is definitely for you. I'll be working along side my friend and co-musician Mr Ben Saville who is a well respected jazz keyboard player and drummer, in the northeast UK.

The target date for having the album fully mixed, mastered and post produced is October 2013, at which point i intend to hire a animator to create a full length complimentary music video for the whole album.

GOAL; £7500 and beyond!
Each song will cost approximately £400 to record (studio time, mastering, equipment, post production, etc) which does not include paying other musicians. So any additional funding would be absolutely amazing and greatly appreciated!

I need your help! This album cannot happen without you. Any donation amount is greatly appreciated and you'll be making a huge difference.

Risks and challenges

As with any project of this nature there is certain amount of unpredictability in terms of time allocated and money spent, however as myself and co-musician Mr. Ben Saville have both been working professionally in the music scene for a combined 12 years, we believe we have adequate experience to complete this project before October 2013. Fortunately, if any issues in terms of recording/finance arise I have many contacts and friends who would be willing to help in the sort term. in order for me to deliver the album and your rewards within the estimated delivery dates.

Hopefully if all goes well and peoples reviews are encouraging then I will endeavor to make a second, bigger, better, more intense and down right mental album!

Thank you for spending the time to read this and hopefully I can turn this pipe dream into a reality!

So, the kickstarter page is here

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1706642627/braingasm-album-by-joe-hendon?ref=live">BRAINGASM - Album by Joe Hendon

He's included a few tracks to listen to. So listen away, comment here on what you think and hopefully, pledge a couple of quid to make this into a reality!!

Cheers

Vulgarmachine (Bill)
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Nah
also, wrong forum
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
i don't see what's wrong with him producing them himself. the production doesn't sound bad and the music isn't exactly lending itself to excessive polishing

sounds like a money grab to me
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
i don't see what's wrong with him producing them himself. the production doesn't sound bad and the music isn't exactly lending itself to excessive polishing

sounds like a money grab to me

I think the idea is, that he wants to reach a wider audience than he has already with a good quality production. Being a student, money is hard to come by.

But yeah, there's no obligation and if the project fails no one gets charged anything!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Jesus, 7.5k pounds is pretty steep for a debut album, don't you think?

That's 11.5k dollars, and tbh the rewards he's offering all sound cheap as hell AND only ship within the UK AND he's only demo'd three of the songs.

Also, lines like this:

So, if you're interested in something a bit different, with crazy modal harmonies and a surreal twist rather than your standard 4 chord - singer song writer stuff, then this is definitely for you

That just screams douchebag.

Also, wrong forum, reported.
The second song is basically a Pink Floyd cover. I don't see why he needs our help. If he believes in what he's doing he should get a loan. Or save money, be frugal as hell.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing if he has fans who want to give him money to help, or basically buy the album in advance, but as just some guy, I'm not going to give him anything.
Last edited by RealUnrealRob at Jun 24, 2013,
Dude, it's called BRAINGASM. If he wants people to take it seriously tell him to change it.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
So, if you're interested in something a bit different, with crazy modal harmonies and a surreal twist rather than your standard 4 chord - singer song writer stuff, then this is definitely for you.

Between this and the fact that it's called BRAINGASM, I'm going to assume it's for ladies only, since a man could never find use for all that douche.
It's a process, not an event.
£50 gets you a deluxe album? I pledged £65 for Dave McPherson's Dreamoirs project and that got me a signed copy of the album, a folder of ALL of the songs he's ever recorded, and registered me with his other project, The Good People Movement 365, where he writes and records a song every day for a year. This guy's incentives are pretty poor.