I know, I know, I'm a sucker for voice actors and won't shut up about them.

We all know some people just have voices that are impossible to ignore.

We also know that Mel Blanc is the godfather of voice acting, but I'd propose that there are many new voice actors that took his legend and added that extra "oomph" to it that need to be recognised.

This thread is about the voice actors that have/had voices that were monumental, voices that were so epic nobody should forget about them.

My first vote goes to Keith David, whom most of you probably know as this character:

Go!
James Earl Jones

It blew my mind when I found out Mufassa, Mr. Mertle, and Darth Vader were all the same man.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Steve Blum and Billy West are really the only ones that need to be talked about, everyone else look insignificant in comparison.
Mark Hamil's Joker stands out a whole lot to me. Same with Kevin Conroy's Batman, it's probably just because I watched the cartoon when I was a kid, but to this day when I read Batman comics all of Batman's dialogue is spoken by Conroy in my mind.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Steve Blum and Billy West are really the only ones that need to be talked about, everyone else look insignificant in comparison.

As much as I love Billy West, his voice is really not very "big". John Dimaggio's voice has more volume than his, even if John has less of a range.

Maurice LaMarche has a bigger voice than West, IMO.
John DiMaggio!
(Bender and Jake the Dog as well as many other awesome gems)

You beat me too it v.v
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by CoreysMonster
As much as I love Billy West, his voice is really not very "big". John Dimaggio's voice has more volume than his, even if John has less of a range.

Maurice LaMarche has a bigger voice than West, IMO.

I thought by big you were talking about recognizable, iconic voice actors.

If we're just talking about big booming voices why doesn't everyone just say

"Morgan Freeman
/thread"

Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Jun 24, 2013,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I thought my big you were talking about recognizable, iconic voice actors.

"Morgan Freeman
/thread"

No-one says that because it wouldn't be /thread.

If we are talking about big voices in a literal sense then

Brian Blessed
/thread
Quote by stepco12345
Mark Hamill. I always think of The Joker first, Luke Skywalker second.

Bingo.

The guy who did John Marston's from RDR was pretty good too.

Oh, whoever did Uncle Iroh. He's the boss.
Last edited by Trowzaa at Jun 24, 2013,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I thought by big you were talking about recognizable, iconic voice actors.

"Morgan Freeman
/thread"

I've never understood this obsession with Morgan Freeman's voice. Clearly other people have better voices than him.

Even the late Michael Clark Duncan had a better voice than Freeman.

EDIT: Mako! ^

Mako was a goddamned badass.
Quote by BelowTheSun
No-one says that because it wouldn't be /thread.

If we are talking about big voices in a literal sense then

Brian Blessed
/thread

+1 I thought TS meant big as in popular as well. Also Brian <3
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Christine Cavanaugh practically voiced my childhood.
Quote by whywefight
This man speaks truth and has a beastly username.

Quote by Saint78
you are a beautiful person.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I've never understood this obsession with Morgan Freeman's voice. Clearly other people have better voices than him.

Even the late Michael Clark Duncan had a better voice than Freeman.

i dont like Freeman either but everyone else always jerk off over his voice so i figured it would be the best example to throw out
Quote by SwaggleyKubrick
Christine Cavanaugh practically voiced my childhood.

YES. This guy knows what's up.
Tara Strong is probably my personal favorite.

Sure, sometimes she sounds monotonous when put next other greats like Mark Hamil or Billy West, but she can act like no one else, and is completely-untouched by other female voice-actors.

Hynden Walch is a strong second. She may pretty much only have one voice, but she uses it so well. It may just be typecasting at this point. The way she portrayed Starfire was great, and I just can't think of any other style of voice for Princess Bubblegum.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Last edited by sideslick at Jun 24, 2013,
One of the Simpsons actors but probably Hank Azaria. I mean these are some of the characters he voices:

Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus Prime) gets my vote. "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost!"

Mako is also excellent. Uncle Iroh and the wizard from Conan!
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Mark Hamill and John Ratzenburger. Voices one character in each Pixar film such as Hamm in Toy Story and The Abominable Snowman in Monsters Inc.

Steve Carrel also does a really good job in Despicable Me.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
Mark Hamill and John Ratzenburger. Voices one character in each Pixar film such as Hamm in Toy Story and The Abominable Snowman in Monsters Inc.

Steve Carrel also does a really good job in Despicable Me.

Talking about Hammill amd Ratzenberger, Ratzenberger had a role in Empire Strikes Back