17 52%
Voters: 33.

hypnosis then dream eater is a good combo

But seriously watch derren brown, he's scarily good
Quote by Bladez22

hypnosis then dream eater is a good combo

my gengar knows psychic/night shade/hypnosis/dream eater

it's pretty solid until someone sends out alakazam

Stage hypnosis is fraud/scam/people just wanting an excuse to act stupid on stage or have fun.

Actual hypnosis is somewhat legit as far as relaxation and other minute things go, and being hypnotized is a proven altered state of consciousness, like dreaming, but the quitting smoking and other stuff is bullshite and or placebo effect.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Jun 24, 2013,
i use hypnotic audio voice tracks to hypnotize myself frequently. it's a lot of fun.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by pawnluv
the quitting smoking and other stuff is bullshite and or placebo effect.

nope

obviously hypnosis can't get rid of a physical nicotine addiction but it can rid you of the psychological addiction which is pretty much the whole problem
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by MinterMan22
it's pretty solid until someone sends out alakazam

lol. I always have a kadrabra. Shit is so strong.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Burgery
nope

obviously hypnosis can't get rid of a physical nicotine addiction but it can rid you of the psychological addiction which is pretty much the whole problem

And what are you basing that belief on? Anecdotes and tv or peer reviewed studies/ scientific consensus?
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Jun 24, 2013,
I've seen two completely successful performances and have no doubt that it's real, not just paid actors acting.

For one, I actually volunteered myself but unfortunately was not able to be hypnotized. I was actually looking forward to it : (
Quote by pawnluv
And what are you basing that belief on? Anecdotes and tv or peer reviewed studies?

100+ hours of reading about various forms of drug addiction and psychology

nigga you can't be pressuring me about sauce if you're not gonna provide yours, go on, let's see your science
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by pawnluv
Stage hypnosis is fraud/scam/people just wanting an excuse to act stupid on stage or have fun.

What are you basing this on?

I have personally witnessed someone take multiple blows to his balls while on stage, completely unfazed, and my roommate having a pretend orgasm on stage (something he was completely scared was going to happen)
Quote by Neo Evil11
lol. I always have a kadrabra. Shit is so strong.

too strong in the early games.. as if it wasn't good enough then it goes and learns recover

Quote by pawnluv

No it isn't, it works on some people because the pressure of those watching them and/or the perceived embarrassment of being up on stage as the potential butt of a joke is enough to force the person to really focus on something, and be brought under (often by fixed gaze induction, i.e. the pendulum-like swinging of an object) and as long as the suggestions made by the hypnotist aren't extreme enough to be overridden by the individuals' instincts and rationality, they can be made to do all manner of silly, but relatively safe/harmless, activities.

Actual hypnosis is somewhat legit as far as relaxation and other minute things go, and being hypnotized is a proven altered state of consciousness, like dreaming, but the quitting smoking and other stuff is bullshite and or placebo effect.

If you can help somebody overcome the psychological elements, then it can help them overcome addiction, and the placebo effect is merely something that increases the effectiveness of hypnosis if the person is suggestible enough and believes the hypnosis is going to help them, unquestionably.

Quote by pawnluv
And what are you basing that belief on? Anecdotes and tv or peer reviewed studies/ scientific consensus?

I used to be interested by the psychology/science behind hypnosis, a few years back, and read up a lot on it (starting off with reference articles linked at the bottom of the Wikipedia entry for hypnosis, as you may expect from somebody researching a subject on their own).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I've hypnotised chickens on a relative's farm Not quite the same thing though, just involves showing them some chalk and slowly drawing a line from their beak towards you... they then just stare at the line for ages (presumably 'til they get hungry or something interesting enough happens, didn't have enough patience to wait until they broke their gaze) until you make a sudden noise or movement
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Yes. Hypnosis has had some very, very profound effects on me. I'd recommend people take it with an open mind, the more open the better. Establish your trust in the therapist too, the more trust, the better.
Quote by pawnluv

This is too ignorant for me to ignore.

Hypnosis is a placebo effect. By being extremely relaxed, the subject's state of consciousness alters to a state in which the mind becomes extremely impressionable and sensitive. Allowing the subject to be more receptive towards new information which the therapist offers.

The thing that irks me the most is that you imply that because it is a placebo effect, it is invalid as a treatment. Bullshit. By that logic, all psychological treatments (CBT, for example) are complete bullshit. A placebo is merely the will for a certain idea to affect your psyche, it doesn't mean a person is weak or naive. That is a common misconception.

Addiction to cigarettes has a profound psychological effect as well as physiological. By changing one's perception of smoking through hypnotherapy, a person's addiction can improve dramatically.
Quote by Burgery
i use hypnotic audio voice tracks to hypnotize myself frequently. it's a lot of fun.

My respect for you has gone up significantly.

I've uploaded one up to YT that I'll link you to if you'd like. It was made by my therapist, who pretty much has the sexiest voice on earth. I'll PM you a link.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 25, 2013,
Quote by MinterMan22
too strong in the early games.. as if it wasn't good enough then it goes and learns recover

Basically all you need is a good water, electricity and psychic pokemon.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ