Page 1 of 2
i want to buy a new over-ear headphones, and i am wondering which one to buy, the beats or the sony ?
any advices?
Get Beats by Dr. Dre

EDIT: Oh shit. You were actually considering getting them
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Jun 24, 2013,
Quote by ul001
i want to buy a new over-ear headphones, and i am wondering which one to buy, the beats or the sony ?
any advices?

EDIT: sorry, that was uncalled for. In all seriousness you should get the beats, the ladies love the beats
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Jun 24, 2013,
TS, in case you can't tell who's trolling (and I really want to be one, but not tonight. You're welcome), Beats are a huge waste of money. They cost way too much for how crap and bass overloaded they are.

What do you plan on using the headphones for? Casual listening at home? On the subway? Mixing music? Recording music? White water rafting? What's your budget?
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
on ears and not over ears, but for the money you're probably not going to beat a pair of Grado sr80i's.
I likey overly bassy headphones for when I'm out and about. but for recording/practicing they are terrible.

I have the cheap version of the newer sonys. They are pretty good for how cheap they were. I tried the more expensive version and it sounded incredible.

I actually like beats too, they look better than the sony and I like that the chord is only on one side, but the sony sounds just a little better.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by ul001
i am wondering which one to buy, the beats or the sony ?

might as well off yourself now bro
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I tried a $470 Beats at a local store once. It sounded like a bassier version of my $20 Sony, and I'm not paying $450 for a bit more bass when I can hear the bass just fine.

I shit you not.
Last edited by triface at Jun 25, 2013,
Few feelings are worse than that feeling when you realize that one of your real-life friends has a pair Dr Dre Beats. The only worse feeling is when one of your real-life phones puts on a pair of headphones and they are clearly the wrong way.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 25, 2013,
Quote by theogonia777
Few feelings are worse than that feeling when you realize that one of your real-life friends has a pair Dr Dre Beats.

I just rationalize that those are counterfeits.

Quote by theogonia777
The only worse feeling is when one of your real-life phones puts on a pair of headphones and they are clearly the wrong way.

My earbuds are labeled L and R, and I feel like we'll have a great time hanging out.
Look up frequency response plots, pick the pair that best match what you're looking for. Beats by dre are bass heavy, while audio technical M50s are heavier in the mids. Not sure about other headphones. You can always try equalizing things after the fact but that just gets tedious. Reliability is always nice but the average pair of headphones isn't going to break if you take proper care
Last edited by CaptainRon at Jun 25, 2013,
hold my unicorn
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Sennheiser HD 201. For less than $40 they are a pretty good buy.

I have Sennheiser 405's or something like that. around $70. They get uncomfortable quickly but they sound so good.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I thought we had a system for these threads so they'd get shut up as quickly as possible?

What's the most expensive Sennheisers you can buy?

Get them.
Quote by willT08
I thought we had a system for these threads so they'd get shut up as quickly as possible?

What's the most expensive Sennheisers you can buy?

Get them.

lel

the HD518 - HD598 have a huge price difference and not that much difference in sound, so this is not the best idea

but yeah TS git get sennheisers
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by vilk
I likey overly bassy headphones for when I'm out and about. but for recording/practicing they are terrible.

I have the cheap version of the newer sonys. They are pretty good for how cheap they were. I tried the more expensive version and it sounded incredible.

I actually like beats too, they look better than the sony and I like that the chord is only on one side, but the sony sounds just a little better.

Yes, i agree with you, the beats have the better look, but also more expensive

M50's are unbeatable in their price range
(They are better than similarly priced sennheiser's and AKG's)

If you're budget is above the m50's though, than look at sennheiser and AKG
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jun 26, 2013,
It's almost like you listened to absolutely nothing said in this thread. Are you just an adbot or some shit?
Quote by TheChaz
It's almost like you listened to absolutely nothing said in this thread. Are you just an adbot or some shit?

His mind's already set on Beats.

There's no helping him, Chaz.
Quote by ul001
yeah, i gonna buy the beats by dr dre, how about the beats solo? i find this site on google:http://www.drebeatsoutlet.co.uk/beats-solo-hd-c-1_5.html
its cheaper than the official site

I'm going to go ahead and say that they'e selling fakes, looking at the prices. In fact, I'm certain they're fakes. Do yourself a favour. As you're in London, take a trip to Camden, go to Superfi, and ask to talk to a guy called Jay about headphones. He'll let you try a bunch and talk you through it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'm going to go ahead and say that they'e selling fakes, looking at the prices. In fact, I'm certain they're fakes. Do yourself a favour. As you're in London, take a trip to Camden, go to Superfi, and ask to talk to a guy called Jay about headphones. He'll let you try a bunch and talk you through it.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/branchlocatorlondon.aspx

Your name's on there, ohoho.
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD280s. Love the sound out of them. You look dumb as hell wearing them, though.

As an added bonus, they're the same headphones that Vork from The Guild always wears.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I currently have a pair of the stupidly large Beats (bought them from abroad so they were cheaper) which have replaced the Beats Solo range, they sound really awesome and have great clarity. So I would totally recommend anything out of the Beats range, my only issue with them is that you need to EQ from the device you're listening from quite a lot as they can be overly bass heavy when listening to certain genres.
How about you just get some Marshall headphones instead of looking like a prick with Beatz or what have you.
All my hobbies are expensive, pls $$donate to my cause$$
Page 1 of 2