DRMguitar
Registered Loser
539 IQ
Sorry I could't think of a good title for this one. But anyway, are there guitarists that you like that when you listen to them play, it sparks some sort of feeling in you? When I listen to Dimebag Darrell play, specifically on songs like Floods and Cowboys From Hell, it gives me the biggest grin of all time. I turn it up and just smile. Listening to him makes me happy/proud to play guitar. What are your thoughts?
vilk
******ed
225 IQ
The solo for Siberian Khatru on Yessongs (live album 1973), to me, is the most emotionally intense guitar solo ever. I recommend anyone listen to this. Also, in general the recordings on that live album are much better than the studio ones.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Pluh
18 IQ
John Frusciante. both his solo stuff, and the RHCPs albums have solos which put a smile on my face or can make me fell quite sad.
Bluesblitz
Resident COOTER
704 IQ
Early Stevie Ray Vaughan always does it for me: his playing could be so assaulting, and really make you think about the music on a bigger level than metaphors or technicality, but just raw emotion.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
EqualOfHeaven
The Great Sage
195 IQ
Roddy Bottum

Ah man, there's just no way I can look cool when I tell everyone my favourite guitarists second name is Bottum... Godamnit...

Also Jonny Greenwood is amazing, each note is worth a thousand words. But again seriously lacking cool-ness or edgyness there.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Brooklyn_Razorb
132 IQ
No joke. Andy Mckee. I recommend the songs Drifting, Rylynn, and Gates of Ghomeria. He has a unique style. And is one of the worlds best guitarist. By the way, he doesnt use a pick. Hahaha.Youll see what I mean by that. I listen to his music whenever Im really calm and mellow.
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering.
emirvai
188 IQ
Carlos Santana,
Steve Vai especially the solos when he played with Whitesnake,
Andy Timmons guitar playing gives me goosebumps sometimes,
Greg Howe...
StuartBahn
122 IQ
Jeff Beck and Mike Stern. They 'get me'.
Professional Guitarist and Guitar Educator
www.StuartBahn.com
Join my mailing list to receive a on creating an effective practice regime.