Hey guys, I've had my Fender Tele for about 5 months now. While playing today, I noticed I couldn't get it to stay in tune for very long. Basically what's happening is when i go to tune a string, it starts of sharp and immediately starts falling flat. It's not super noticeable to me personally, but it's enough to make my tuner not know what to do. I apologize if this is improperly posted, but any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Last edited by JV91 at Jun 25, 2013,
How old are you strings? Could be that.

It also could be to do with how you wind your strings around the machine heads. How do you wind them?
^ that. And when you change strings, remember to stretch them thoroughly. Try reading through the Setup sticky in this sub-forum.
Do you have locking head tuners by any chance? If worst comes to worst, try adjusting the nut or upgrading to locking tuners.
Quote by JustRooster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RnONMgnfac

This is the best way to string your tuners. I've been working as a guitar tech for a couple years and this is the method I use. It works wonders, especially on hard tail guitars such as yours.

Thanks JustRooster, I was taught how to change strings by my dad years ago, but I'll try out this option. Thanks again!