Hi, I'm currently trying to transfer a lesson of Yngwie's from a guitar book I bought into guitar pro. I'm kind of new to guitar pro, but everything looks correct. It just sounds too fast. can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong? Guitar pro tab attached, pic above is from the book, and here's what it should sound like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vdwQC9NQM
Attachments:
whatamidoingwrong.gpx
Last edited by Styxantyx at Jun 25, 2013,
Is that BPM written in the book? Then it's wrong. You need to slice it in half or change the 16ths to 8ths, etc
Quote by fanapathy
Is that BPM written in the book? Then it's wrong. You need to slice it in half or change the 16ths to 8ths, etc

Thanks for the reply! and yes it is the bpm in the book, I'll give that a try and report back. Strange, I've never encountered a musical error like that in a lesson book.

Edit: Here's the bpm from the book
and 60 bpm sounds much more accurate. Thank you again.
Last edited by Styxantyx at Jun 25, 2013,
Quote by Styxantyx
Thanks for the reply! and yes it is the bpm in the book, I'll give that a try and report back. Strange, I've never encountered a musical error like that in a lesson book.

Edit: Here's the bpm from the book
and 60 bpm sounds much more accurate. Thank you again.

It's very strange but it happens, I once saw a Megadeth tab book with all sorts of weird mistakes in it. And even 112 isn't accurate if counting like that..it would be a little bit higher.

OK good luck with it
Tempo feels right, but the note lengths need to be doubled. Written music tends to be full of little mistakes -- I once played a score from MTI that had glissandi coming out of the side of the page, and constantly misspelled triangle as "tringle" :P
"Balance not just for karate, balance for whole life."
Quote by limescout
Tempo feels right, but the note lengths need to be doubled.

Agree that it's probably durations, just so weird that someone would write it like that. I mean if the rest of the playing is written based on this as well, there would probably be up to 64th note runs in there and it would be a complete mess to read.