Just spreading the UG love. On top of whatever deals you find at Guitar Center, I've got a card that gives you 3% back.

It works at other places too (Walmart, Chevron, restaurants etc), and the reason I do this for free (I pay the one time buck fifty which is the sum total of fees) is whoever uses it, the person that "recruited" them gets a percentage back too! Same for you if you get a friend.

(Mods, dunno if this kind of post is gonna stir anything up because it's "advertising", I just figured since we're all buying guitar stuff anyways, I might as well spread the love and save ppl some cash, people like that )
You'd need to spend $1700 dollars to justify having that card. I guess that's reasonable if you regularly shop at GuitarCenter and buy instruments and stuff
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by HeretiK538
You'd need to spend $1700 dollars to justify having that card. I guess that's reasonable if you regularly shop at GuitarCenter and buy instruments and stuff

I must have explained it wrong. Actually, to justify having it you just need to be a consumer of something (guitar stuff, groceries, gas etc.) because it doesn't cost anything and it gives you a percentage back on what you were going to buy anyways. So say over the course of a few months you spend $1700, with this you get 51 dollars back (at 3%, a lot of places give a higher %) And it's mostly online, it's not like theres a card that you need shipped to you, you just sign up online and buy stuff from your favorite sites as normal.
If it's too good to be true, then probably it's not true.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
If it's too good to be true, then probably it's not true.

Good question. I've bought stuff online with it and just went out to dinner last week on it paying a total of $7 for a $20 meal. Companies like it because giving up a few percent of profit is far cheaper than the hundreds they spend per customer otherwise on customer acquisition. No pressure, but It's worth it to me and people I've shown
woooo pyramid scams are the best! Ty for inviting me in <3
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
haha. except that they don't ask for money or promise a return, but you're right in that it's promulgated through a network of people

Literally, you just get discounts shopping at places you would have otherwise, and you get a half percent of whatever your guys and their guys spend (they still get their discounts). It's pretty simple. Not a huge money maker, but a way to help you guys out if you want!
ok ok ok, So let me get this right.

You've got a magic card that gives you a 3% discount at a ton of stores.
Why?
Why have so many businesses decided to go along with this magic card and offer ANYONE with it 3% off? a complete waste of money. it's not for advertising, because you wouldn't be the person i'd hear it from, And it's not for special people because again, you wouldn't be the person I'm hearing it from(plus it'd be more than 3%) and it's not because we're nice ****ing people because that's not business. so why?
Why do you have such a special little card?

Second, Who is paying us?
you're saying we get discounts, And get paid for how many people we've gotten to sign up under us and under them?

Because it's not the businesses that just gave you a discount and it's sure as **** not your friend who just saved money.
so who is paying us?

This is a pretty ****ing classic pyrmid scam and mods wtf why hasn't this guy been banned?

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Woh dude. If you sincerely want to get into how it's a smart marketing addition to a business, I will. But my guess is you just wanna throw punches.

Discounts attract customers, and word-of-mouth advertising is the oldest, and arguably most effective form of advertising. Pyramids need an injection of money where the fringe customers support the upper echelon. The only money you spend here is what you would have anyways (actually less).

My friend, I'm not trying to spam, just spread the word of a cool thing to help out my fellow UGers. If it doesn't apply to you, move on.

Check out "Lyoness" if you're curious. 2 milliion members and 10 years strong. And check out Guitar Center in there, the same company a lot of us buy from now. You'll hear mixed reviews, but they're overwhelmingly positive.
Last edited by flashbandit at Jun 25, 2013,
ahh and the business reveals itself.

Here's from wiki
"in order to become a Lyoness ‘Premium Member’, one needs to put in a down-payment of at least 2000 euros on future discounts.[14] Commonly, these 2000 euros are used to acquire 7 positions of 50 euros, 3 positions of 150 euros and 3 positions of 400 euros.[15] The partner companies (entitled ‘Loyalty Merchants&rsquo offering discounts to Lyoness members, need to become a ‘Premium Member’ as well, meaning they also have to put in a down-payment on future discounts of at least 2000 euros as well, if they want to enrol in the ‘loyalty merchant program’ for a flat fee of $570 per shopping location.[16] If companies do not wish to become a ‘Premium Member’ of Lyoness, the sign-up fee is $1999 per location.[16] Additionally, they may be required to pay $26 per month in ‘network charges’."

While it appears you don't have to be a premium member, It seems that to get anything out of this you do.
'certain businesses require premium membership to acquire discounts'
Well, we've figured out how this company makes it's money, preying on the ignorant and the stupid.
Also, A hilarious youtube search finds a few scripted videos of 'reviews' in which they say the exact same shit

You're lucky i'm not a mod. you'd have been banned you the moment I saw this...

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Doesn't matter GC sucks.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Obsceneair, there is a side to this where you can put in money in limited countries, and the US is one of them. This is more for businesses, and allows the company to grow. Again I won't throw punches with you on explaining the mechanics of this.

I just get the discounts and for any discount you or I would use, you do not need to be a premium member, and you need never pay Lyoness a dime. Ever.

Honestly, I'm not stupid enough to pitch a $1000 buy-in of some product on a forum full of people who probably don't have that cash sitting around. I know I don't.

People here shop GC, I just want to offer a cool discount that I saw. Simple.
Last edited by flashbandit at Jun 25, 2013,
Quote by flashbandit
Obsceneair, there is a side to this where you can put in money in limited countries, and the US is one of them. This is more for businesses, and allows the company to grow. Again I won't throw punches with you on explaining the mechanics of this.

I just get the discounts and for any discount you or I would use, you do not need to be a premium member, and you need never pay Lyoness a dime. Ever.

Honestly, I'm not stupid enough to pitch a $1000 buy-in of some product on a forum full of people who probably don't have that cash sitting around. I know I don't.

People here shop GC, I just want to offer a cool discount that I saw. Simple.

What is the point if it doesn't work?
If it works, how can somebody on forum make it work for him?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
I have a strange feeling you're going to try an sell me a shamwow and some snuggies now

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x