I want to get one of these fuzz pedals to replace my Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz. I've heard demos on Youtube and opinions from users. Some say they sound pretty much identical, others say the Big Muff is way better than it's little brother. I haven't tried them out myself but through the videos, to me it sounds like Big Muff has more volume and beef than the Little Big Muff. Is it worth the extra space on the pedalboard for the Big Muff as oppose to the Little Big Muff?
can't help with the big muff question, but if that's a v1 cool cat fuzz, i'd hang onto it. it's a frantone peachfuzz clone, and they don't make them any more...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Listen to Dave. Also, if you're going to upgrade, save 200$ and get an Arc Effects Big Green. It's a perfect Sovtek muff clone and probably, excluding the Cornet which no one can afford, the best muff pedal out there. Way better than anything from EHX.
Whether the extra size is worth it, only you can answer.
I know the Big Muff fairly well, although not to familiar with the little Big Muff.
But looking at the schematics, the Little Big Muff looks to be a variation on the Ram's Head muff. If the one you are looking at lacks the Sustain control.
Quote by Dave_Mc
can't help with the big muff question, but if that's a v1 cool cat fuzz, i'd hang onto it. it's a frantone peachfuzz clone, and they don't make them any more...

It is the v1. I bought it from my friend for $25 with a patch cable. How much do they usually go for?
Of the two, get the real Big Muff. The little Big Muff doesn't sound nearly as good, and all the Big Muffs are now true bypass, so one of the original selling points of the little one isn't even valid anymore.

However, if you can, there are a lot of great Big Muff clones out there that are even better/just as good but with more features.

Way Huge Swollen Pickle, Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz, that Arc Effects Big Green is pretty sweet, etc.
Quote by JimiZeppelin4
It is the v1. I bought it from my friend for $25 with a patch cable. How much do they usually go for?

not sure, i got mine new. it's really one of those things that, unless you were getting a really big price for selling it, it's handier to just hang onto, really. for all you'd get for it you might be sorry.

but it's your money and your call, of course. maybe you never use it and would just rather have the cash, which is fair enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i've had both. didn't a/b them, but i couldn't tell any difference. apparently the big box has more low end. the NYC circuit really isn't that nice compared to other muffs.
A few years ago i tried my normal big muff against the little big muff into the same amp / guitar, etc. I didn't notice a massive difference and looking back, i'd have bought the little one just because the big one takes up so much space on the board.
I suggest watching the gearmandude demo, or (if you can) doing a side by side. From what gearmandude says, the big muff is a little thicker in terms of gain and low end than the little. Except for the diehard pedal enthusiast, no one would tell the difference. However, the big muff is...BIG. If you can comfortably fit it in your chain, I'd get the original. If not, the tone wicker muff is better over the little, or try one of the aforementioned clones (they can be rather expensive though).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
^Basically that. If you really need that space, get the Tone Wicker instead of the Little Big Muff, because it's just the little big muff with extra features.

Used Swollen Pickles you can usually find for about the same price as actual Big Muffs, and it's got a ton of features. You kinda have to play with it a bit but it's very good.
I'm using both right now. I really can't tell a difference.
Personally, I would go with the LBM just because it was smaller.