The slide guitar makes the track! How did you record the guitar and drums? I'm just curious. The vocals had some cool parts where you were getting in to it too. Keep at it.
Quote by britlohse
The slide guitar makes the track! How did you record the guitar and drums? I'm just curious. The vocals had some cool parts where you were getting in to it too. Keep at it.

thanks dude. the guitar vocals and guitar were recorded with a dummy head to capture the sound of room and add more dicretion to the sound and to make it sound more live. i had some overloading issues so i had to just record the drums in stereo with some other mics i had so they didn't turn like i wanted. probably need to get closer to the snare and closer to the kick instead of having a cymbal smashing in your left ear the whole time :P but that's why it's a demo haha.
The mix itself could be a little better, i feel that everything kind of hangs back in the background and the vocals are over everything. It does give it it's own unique (old school) sort of feel, which i think you wanted it to sound this way.

The guitar riffs and slide effect are awesome and the bass and drums are were they need to be at . As for the vocals, it has to be the high light of your sound. It really gives me a feeling of just jamming with the band. I think overall its a great song to listen to when your at a gig or want to just listen and have a great time.

The song i link is more of the direction of "Thrash/Metal"

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1605492
Last edited by Metal Turtle at Jun 27, 2013,