I've been playing for around 1 year on a crappy used ibanez gio poc guitar, so this is gonna be my second guitar. Here is all the information I can give about what type of guitar I want:

It has to be under 500 dollars
I'm mainly gonna be playing heavy metal/grunge/heavy *insert rock subgenre here*.
I would prefer if it had a strat/superstrat style body.
A thin strat type neck. Any number of frets. 22 or 24 doesn't matter.
Obviously it has to have humbuckers, preferably 2 humbuckers with coil split/tap, but the coil split/tap doesn't really matter since I won't be playing that much clean. Pickups can be either passive or active.
I wish I could play on thicker neck but I'm used to the one my ibanez has and find fatter neck uncomfortable.

(English isn't my first language so sorry for any grammar mistakes, hope you understand what i wrote)
The Godin Redline HB: made in Canada, hot HBs, and with good quality control.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Godin-Redline-HB-Electric-Guitar-620135-i1454375.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&kwid=productads-plaid%5E32411555561-sku%5E620135.872.422@ADL4gc-adType%5EPLA-device%5Et-adid%5E13625726801

This used Godin Velocity is kind of the Redline's cousin: Canadian-made again, HSS but with relatively high-output passive pickups, and well built. When new, these were $900 guitars.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&browser=&fsrc=Godin+velocity&src=Godin+velocity
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 25, 2013,
Epiphone LP Standard is a solid bet. Great guitars for the money. Since they're only $400 you have some change to put in pickups of your choice.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The godin redlinehb seems really close to my specifications and good.
I'm gonna go to my local guitar shop to see if they have them.
Any other suggestions are welcome

Edit: Any other suggestions?
Last edited by gogoni12 at Jun 25, 2013,
Used Japanese jacksons from 2002-2007.
Some used PRS are good for that price.
If you want another Ibanez, you could get great one used for this price.
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
I really Recommend the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus, I've got a standard from 2007, but it's not a veneer top like the more recent ones. However It sounds GREAT, and the Grover tuners really keep it in tune. The humbuckers really add the muddy/metal sound if you desire. I've upgraded my pickups to 57/59's but it still sounds and plays well out of the box for $500
A quick search at Music-Go-Round turned up a few guitars in your price range- I'd take a hard look at the Dean 1980 Cadillac, the Schecter S1 Custom, and the PRS SE Singlecut:

http://www.musicgoroundfortworth.com/search.aspx?q=Guitar&z=76109&cid=1&scid=161&l=1&d=9999&min=400&max=550&c=100&p=1&ob=4&obd=2&clearance=0
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
A quick search at Music-Go-Round turned up a few guitars in your price range- I'd take a hard look at the Dean 1980 Cadillac, the Schecter S1 Custom, and the PRS SE Singlecut:

http://www.musicgoroundfortworth.com/search.aspx?q=Guitar&z=76109&cid=1&scid=161&l=1&d=9999&min=400&max=550&c=100&p=1&ob=4&obd=2&clearance=0

PRS's are a very good option, now that they're getting much more affordable
More than 2000 solidbody guitars $300-500 showed up in the used section of GC's website. I saw good ones from Hagstrom, Fernandes, Washburn, Parker and more:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Solid-Body-Electric-Electric-Guitar,Used-Gear.gc?extup=300-500&src=Guitar%20Electric&ipp=100&internal=1&browser=&fsrc=Guitar+electric&o=2

I did that search organized from highest to lowest price.

Oh yeah- there's an Ibanez Herman Li model on page 2...

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 26, 2013,
Quote by Heideck
Used Japanese jacksons from 2002-2007.
Some used PRS are good for that price.
If you want another Ibanez, you could get great one used for this price.

Jackson is pretty good for that price range. Id also suggest another Ibanez. You can find REALLY nice used ones in that range if you look hard/long enough.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
I'm gonna scour the internet looking for some used ibanez/jackson/prs guitars since those were the most suggested brands.
I really like the epiphone les paul and the sound you get off of them, but i tried some and the neck just felt too thick for me.
Anyway thanks for all the responses
I'd look for for an ibanez or jackson since you like the thin necks.

Check out the ibanez rg570 or rg1570 prestige. Both used can be had for 300-500 here in dallas. Identical guitars for the most part. Very solid instrument.

Or I'd look for a jackson dinky or non USA made soloist.
Alright everybody I found a jackson guitar called the dkxt on the internet and it seemed very appealing to me. I went to my local guitar shop, they had it, I played it and liked everything about it. I'm gonna buy it next week. Thanks for all the help.