i bought the peavey 6505 head and hooked it up to a mesa boogie cab.
i play the LTD EC-1000 guitar with MXR smartgate on the amp but still when i put the amp in stand by i still got a anoying noise.
The noise the sound of your voice?

Just kidding. What type of noise?

Please clarify- you have a noise when playing? It continues when you flip the stand-by off?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
its a hum noise i guess and i dont have noise when playing just when i stop playing ( muting guitar ) but still on stand by the noise continuous there when i put stand by of there is no noise at all
Have loud is the hum?

Have you tried a different guitar cable? Do you have any pedals in the FX loop?

Have you tried the smart gate in the FX loop?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
it gets louder when i put the amp louder and i dont have any pedals yet for fx loop and i havent tryed gating the loop but wont that make my guitar noise when i do that ? il try tommorow for sure
Try it in the loop.

They are pretty noisy like you describe. Kind of normal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
The fx loop can be the culprit but try this:

Try moving your rig to an area where there are no computer monitors/tvs... essentially for the most part electronics free.

From personal experience with a bugera 6260 at like 2 at night so theres minimal ambient noise:
-Tv and computer on with 2 monitors: 10-20db hum
-Basement (Nothing down there): less than 10db hum

It's worth a try, as of then I got new monitors and dont suffer the hum anymore, this is just a case to case issue.
???