i was wondering if any other musicians do this

when i tune up, i sometimes like to drop everything a quarter step. so, from standard tuning, halfway between e and eb.

anyone else do this or know of any bands that do? i think that the unicorns did it on one of their albums but it was more like an eighth of a step (-20 or 30 hz i think)
sigless
Pretty sure Van Halen did a 1/4 flat sort of tuning on their first album, somewhere between D# and E.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Iron Maiden used to tune to 435. (440 is concert pitch.) So, it wasn't quite a quarter tone, but still flat.
I think Pantera used to do it. Some AC/DC sound a bit off when played in standard as well
Can I just say it's a very bad idea to do this, if at an early stage in your playing career you get your idea of pitch from an out of tune (and it is out of tune!) guitar, you could be in a lot of trouble later on.
Gear

Mesa Dual Rectifier
TC Electronic Polytune
T Rex MAB Overdrive
Boss NS-2
ESP Horizon NT See Thru Black (D Standard)

Celestial Wish on Youtube
i agree that its a bad idea to do this early on because it could mess with ear training

but i think it can be useful later on
i do it because of comfort (vocal range)
sigless