I've seen a lot of these threads on here which all look pretty identical so I'm gonna first apologize, but I really am pretty clueless at the moment.

I've been playing guitar on and off for a few months under a year now and I've reached a point where I think I need an upgrade. The most difficult things I can play is some Pantera songs/solos and the intro to All Along The Watchtower (Jimi Hendrix cover). I don't know if that's a good place to be after a year as I'm self taught (thank you YouTube).

My current guitar is a B.C.Rich Warlock with Tribal painting (Bronze series) which was given to me by a good friend. I don't like it because the nut is a rubbish plastic and goes out of tune easily, the intonation is hard to adjust and currently badly out of tune, some frets impose on others making notes sound the same and causing substantial fret buzz, the bolts the strap attaches to stab into my chest constantly, the body shape is awkward and impractical, the bridge cuts strings regularly due to there being a sharp edge where they rest, you cannot replace one string at a time and other smaller reasons.

My current amplifier is the cheapest one I could find, a 15W Gear 4 Music amp. I don't think I need to elaborate.

I don't care what the make of my next guitar/amp is, I don't really care what condition it's in, as long as it plays like it should, so I'm thinking second hand could be a good idea. My current guitar has 24 frets but 22 would be fine. I know it's probably not much to go on but any questions/suggestions?
We will probably need more info.
How much are you looking to spend on guitar/amp?
What style of music do you primarily play?
Nearest city(location)?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
We will probably need more info.
How much are you looking to spend on guitar/amp?
What style of music do you primarily play?
Nearest city(location)?

I have a large budget, and anything that sounds like it's worth the money that has what I want should do.
I play a variation of styles including, as suggested earlier, metal and blues, but then stuff like RHCP so pretty varied.
I live in London.
Quote by bigblockelectra
You have been playing for a few months off and on and you're playing Pantera solos now?

I can play the first half of the Floods solo and some of cemetary gates, none of the really fast stuff though. I'm average, I'm not trying to big myself up.
Definately get a les paul and and egnator or 65 amp. The Epihpones play really great now, but if you want a guitar that sounds AMAZING and you'll have forever, just go for the Gibson.
Quote by StuartBahn
If you're only playing at home, get a solid state amp, NOT a valve amp.

Why?

I don't gig, and I've got a Fender HRD and a suitcase worth of pedals. I plan on adding an Orange tube amp at some point.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
^agreed. I don't gig and probably never will and I have had many tube amps including my current amp for strictly home use and I have not had any problem. It's more about how you dial them in to match your surroundings.

On topic, seeing as how you have a variety of genres you are after I would look at the peavey tube vypyr and a Peavey JSX. There are literally hundreds of amp options out there. We generally ask what bands you like or emulate which will help shape the amp decisions.
As far as guitars are concerned many others will have a huge list of suggestions.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13