Page 1 of 4
Any person born in the year 1900 and has lived exactly 100 years and dies in the year 2000, has experienced more in their life time than anybody will ever experience. I mean those fools were born at a time when horse travel was one of the fastest methods to travel, where it was thought to be impossible to fly, and you had a high chance of dying from the common cold. They witnessed automobiles slowly taking over the roads, the birth of planes, lived through (and probably served in) both world wars, witnessed people going to space, and eventually people going to the moon, saw the birth of penicillin and medicine starting to advance and witnessed the overall quality of life improve at a rate that has never been seen before in human history, all in their own life time. That person also witnessed the birth of TV.

So, I think we can all agree that a person born in the year 1900 is a beast, and more than likely a better person that anybody born afterwards.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Jun 28, 2013,
You can't speak for the year 2100 and if it were 1913, then you would be saying the same about someone from 1800-1900.
Also, probably racist.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
whoomit better be in the poll

And Idk man, Imagine what's gonna happen the next 100 years
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Bro I was born in the early 90s.

90s kids are best kids. Factual statement.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
90s kids are the best. If you don't remember ren n stimpy, or nintendo 64, or moon shoes, then you didn't have a childhood. loser.
Yeah they've pretty much seen the world turn into crap.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
My girlfriends Grandma is 100 years old and was born in 1912. She saw all off those things invented. She can still tell you what sound Allied and Nazi planes made when they flew overhead; it was important to know I suppose.
Quote by andyscoot
My girlfriends Grandma is 100 years old and was born in 1912. She saw all off those things invented. She can still tell you what sound Allied and Nazi planes made when they flew overhead; it was important to know I suppose.

She may be able to differentiate but can you differentiate between her two impressions?
Quote by Tag43
90s kids are the best. If you don't remember ren n stimpy, or nintendo 64, or moon shoes, then you didn't have a childhood. loser.

You can't consider yourself a 90s kid if you only remember the very end of the decade
Quote by darkcheef
You can't consider yourself a 90s kid if you only remember the very end of the decade

Was going to say those are early-mid 90s, but then I checked the dude's birth date.

1983-1993; you had to be fully aware of that great kid stalgia.
My mothers mother was born in 1902. She died in 2008. She would have been bad ass no matter what year she was born.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'm hoping we'll advance in this next hundred years just as much. Maybe by 2100, people will think of cars in the same way we think of travel by horse now. That is an extreme example I guess, but it gets the point across. Anyway, we may not see more current advances now, it's easier to look at a stretch of 100 years that already happened and see all the progress.
Quote by entity0009
They're not the best humans because they are fucking dead

Not all of them.

Rank Name Sex Birth date Age as of 18 June 2013 Place of residence
1 Misao Okawa[4] F 5 March 1898 115 years, 105 days Japan
2 Jeralean Talley[4] F 23 May 1899 114 years, 26 days United States
3 Susannah Mushatt Jones[4] F 6 July 1899 113 years, 347 days United States
4 Bernice Madigan[4] F 24 July 1899 113 years, 329 days United States
5 Soledad Mexia[4] F 13 August 1899 113 years, 309 days United States[a]
6 Naomi Conner[4] F 30 August 1899 113 years, 292 days United States
7 Emma Morano-Martinuzzi[4] F 29 November 1899 113 years, 201 days Italy
8 Grace Jones[4] F 7 December 1899 113 years, 193 days United Kingdom
9 Yoshino Tanaka F 3 March 1900 113 years, 107 days Japan
Maria Gravigi-De Candia F 3 March 1900 113 years, 107 days Italy
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Not all of them.

Rank Name Sex Birth date Age as of 18 June 2013 Place of residence
1 Misao Okawa[4] F 5 March 1898 115 years, 105 days Japan
2 Jeralean Talley[4] F 23 May 1899 114 years, 26 days United States
3 Susannah Mushatt Jones[4] F 6 July 1899 113 years, 347 days United States
4 Bernice Madigan[4] F 24 July 1899 113 years, 329 days United States
5 Soledad Mexia[4] F 13 August 1899 113 years, 309 days United States[a]
6 Naomi Conner[4] F 30 August 1899 113 years, 292 days United States
7 Emma Morano-Martinuzzi[4] F 29 November 1899 113 years, 201 days Italy
8 Grace Jones[4] F 7 December 1899 113 years, 193 days United Kingdom
9 Yoshino Tanaka F 3 March 1900 113 years, 107 days Japan
Maria Gravigi-De Candia F 3 March 1900 113 years, 107 days Italy

Most of them are women, they don't count
Quote by Masquirina
Here's what I hope we've identified by the time I hit 120:

All genes and their specific functions

For which organism? Humans have been done for a few years now as well as many others. Sequencing methods are continually getting better and less costly. Having a handheld device that allows sequencing of cells that are loaded into it is a project that many scientists are currently working on. .

As for identifying the function: Eukaryotic genetics are exceedingly complicated. A lot of progress is being made on identifying where eukaryotic genes begin and where they end but due to alternative splicing, which is something that we do not fully understand yet, predicting the gene products is difficult (not that we fully understand the Kozak sequence, and to say that it is simply where genes start is a gross oversimplification).

Prokaryotic genetics, on the other hand, are relatively simple and we can predict, with a fair amount of accuracy, the gene product. Prokaryotes are mostly bacteria, and their gene products are easier to predict because they don't have alternative splicing mechanisms. It's usually the gene stops at the Shine-Delgarno sequence and it ends at a stop codon.

All proteins and their specific functions

The proteins's function depends on it's shape. The shape depends on how it folds. How it folds depends on it's environment.

A lot of work has been done trying to figure out how proteins fold. We know that most amino acid sequences, after being subjected and then removed from denaturing agents, will fold back into the original sequence. So amino acid sequence dictates how a protein will fold. Of course there are exceptions. My old biophysics teacher works on protein folding from a theoretical perspective.

Another big thing on protein folding is post translational modifications. That is where sugars or other biomolecules are added to the protein. Glycosylation depends heavily on the type of cell that is expressing the protein, but we do understand quite a bit about the mechanisms.

All neurons/glia and their specific functions

I don't fully understand this. Neurons and glial are cell types and we do know quite a bit about how they function. Glial cells essentially feed neurons. Neurons pass signals from one to the next. How they are arranged is what matters.

Calcium may play a role in how the neurons interact with one another and thus contribute to learning.

How they all interact and affect one another in a nice, clear, database that everyone can access, with colorful diagrams, detailed imaging hopefully, graphs, etc.

NCBI is one of the broadest. There are other databases, but the NCBI tries to tie them all together.

Optional/unrealistic:
Some way to store our uploaded brains in machines that can withstand extreme heat, meteor/volcanic damage, and low gravity for millenia, because it would be great/awesome.

Here's the famous rat brain controling a robot.
Quote by darkcheef

uh i can dude. im full 90s. nirvana, old nick (good toons imo), and clinton.

90s \m/
some dude on some intergalatic singularity forum in the year 2100 would be saying the same of kids born in 2000

eurgh
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Tag43

You where born in 1995 yet say people who don't remember things didn't have a childhood? Dude, you must only remember things from 1997-1999 at the very most considering most people can only remember things from the age of 2-3 and even then it's very vague at that age, anything you say 'you remember' before that is either a lie or a repeat on TV which doesn't count. I've seen repeats of 'The A-Team', doesn't mean I was born in the 80's.

- Ren and Stimpy was cancelled in 1996, you would have been 1 year old...I highly doubt you remember it properly.
- N64 was only released in 1996 (Japan, North America) and 1997 (Europe, Australia) so again, you're too young to claim remembering being released and all us kids jizzing our pants at the new Nintendo console.
- Moon shoes are from the 1970's...hardly need to be a 90's kid to remember those.

Besides, to be a 90's kid with a real childhood there are only 3 things you HAD to do:
- Watch Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (the original, not Turbo or when they are ninjas...though they where pretty badass too)
- Watch 'Fresh Prince of Bel-air'
- Owned either the original Gameboy, Sega Megadrive/Genesis or the SNES

You're more of a 2000's kid than a 90's, especially since you won't remember (or where born for) at least 7 years of the decade so looks like you didn't have a childhood. Loser.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by link no1
You where born in 1995 yet say people who don't remember things didn't have a childhood? Dude, you must only remember things from 1997-1999 at the very most considering most people can only remember things from the age of 2-3 and even then it's very vague at that age, anything you say 'you remember' before that is either a lie or a repeat on TV which doesn't count. I've seen repeats of 'The A-Team', doesn't mean I was born in the 80's.

- Ren and Stimpy was cancelled in 1996, you would have been 1 year old...I highly doubt you remember it properly.
- N64 was only released in 1996 (Japan, North America) and 1997 (Europe, Australia) so again, you're too young to claim remembering being released and all us kids jizzing our pants at the new Nintendo console.
- Moon shoes are from the 1970's...hardly need to be a 90's kid to remember those.

Besides, to be a 90's kid with a real childhood there are only 3 things you HAD to do:
- Watch Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (the original, not Turbo or when they are ninjas...though they where pretty badass too)
- Watch 'Fresh Prince of Bel-air'
- Owned either the original Gameboy, Sega Megadrive/Genesis or the SNES

You're more of a 2000's kid than a 90's, especially since you won't remember (or where born for) at least 7 years of the decade so looks like you didn't have a childhood. Loser.

You're kidding, right? Born in 1995. What decade was 1995 in? THE 90'S. I'm a 90's kid dude, quit hogging all the nostalgia fo yoself and learn to share.
I cried when I got an N64
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Tag43
You're kidding, right? Born in 1995. What decade was 1995 in? THE 90'S. I'm a 90's kid dude, quit hogging all the nostalgia fo yoself and learn to share.

Bro, I was born in the same year as you. We're not "90s kids" even though that's the decade we were born in. Our actual childhood was the 2000s. You're using the same logic as people born in '89 saying "I'm an 80s baby."
Skip the username, call me Billy
My great great grandma was born in the year 1900. I barely knew her, and she lived to be 101, but I can say without a doubt that she was more badass than anyone here, save for maybe Jackal and Slacker. She lived through the Great Depression and two World Wars, what's your excuse?
The best people are born in the northwest
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by AeroRocker
Bro I was born in the early 90s.

90s kids are best kids. Factual statement.

Born in 91, I'm with this guy.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

( h ttp://www.femalemalls.com/ )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment.

h ttp://www.femalemalls.com/Michael-Kors-Handbags-n2447/
OP. 1990-2000, rest in peace, you beautiful, conceited bastard.
Quote by ne14t
I like a man's cream on my face every morning before my tea.

My girlfriend and her mom see each other nude daily for some weird reason
Page 1 of 4