I am looking at buying my first piece of recording equipment, i just want something good, easy to set up and not $3000 haha i am looking at the Line 6 POD Studio GX, if you could give me some opinions on that or something similar it would be much appreciated.

I own the Pod Studio GX and can say that for beginners it's good. There may be better stuff but i think for this Price you can go ahead with it. I have it many years now and still work with it. The Soundbank also is nice and has a good Variation on sounds. And even more if you get Podfarm2.0
Recommending other Interfaces like that is out of my knowledge. But the GX would be a good choice in my opinion.
It depends - what kind of stuff do you wanna record, what stuff do you already own, and what's your budget?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Do you have a decent laptop or computer?

There are many incredible pieces of recording software out there which I would highly recommend is so. Logic, Cubase, etc. Even free or very cheap software is very impressive nowadays.
Professional Guitarist and Guitar Educator
Join my mailing list to receive a on creating an effective practice regime.
Seriously, no responses are required - chatterbox272 said everything that needs saying. All answers are covered in the sticky.

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud