Page 1 of 2
This is a little bit behind, but I can't be the only one stoked for the upcoming SSB game. With the release of Megaman, Villager, and Wii Fit trainer being in the game, There has been a lot of speculation about who else will join the cast.

Personally, my top 10 would be:

1. Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Chrono from Chrono Trigger
3. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia
4. Viewtiful Joe
5. Wolf Link & Midna
6. Toon Zelda/Tetra
7. The Mii
8. Pete from Harvest Moon (probably not, seeing as we already have the villager.)
9. Geno from Super Mario RPG
10.Alucard from Castlevania

Honerable mentions would be Vaati from Zelda, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Pacman, and Little Mac from Punchout.

So, who would you guys like to see in the game?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Viewtiful Joe and Lloyd would be great additions. I'd like to see Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, but that'll never happen.
Check out my band Disturbed
the most likely candidate for a Tales rep would be Emil, sadly, being the only nintendo exclusive protagonist in the series (in games released worldwide anyway)

Vyse is a sega character and they've already got sonic repping sega so is extremely unlikely
They should try fitting in Earthworm Jim. He would be a great character to add.

Last edited by Tag43 at Jun 26, 2013,
Quote by StewieSwan
Viewtiful Joe and Lloyd would be great additions. I'd like to see Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, but that'll never happen.

Vyse would be awesome! Kind of the same concept I was going with when I brought up Lloyd...lots of swordsmen are already in the game, but you could switch the play style up a lot from other swordsmen by having two swords.

Ichikurosaki: Terrible idea? Yes. They are, however, very iconic to the newer nintendo systems, and it would be a great way to add a little customization into the game. I'm not saying I'd use them, but they would be a great addition to the roster for casual players of the game.
Lionel Messi
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Tyson2011
Terrible idea? Yes. They are, however, very iconic to the newer nintendo systems, and it would be a great way to add a little customization into the game. I'm not saying I'd use them, but they would be a great addition to the roster for casual players of the game.

no, amazing idea

but you know how licensing and copyrights work right?
they can't just slap whoever in, even if they have been on nintendo systems, unless it's a nintendo character there's a lot of work involved getting someone else in

SoA was more of an iconic dreamcast game too, not really the case on GC
Quote by Ichikurosaki
no, amazing idea

but you know how licensing and copyrights work right?
they can't just slap whoever in, even if they have been on nintendo systems, unless it's a nintendo character there's a lot of work involved getting someone else in

SoA was more of an iconic dreamcast game too, not really the case on GC

Sorry, I didn't see your second post, that was directed towards your first post about the Mii's.

and I agree with you about the SOA being a longshot, I see it more likely we'd get Isaac from Goldensun because he was already an assist trophy.
Quote by Avedas
Still gonna be shit compared to melee who cares

True story. Melee is pretty easily my favorite video game of all time...hopefully its at least better than brawl was
Beyblades
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They should use that new version of Mewtwo or whatever (I don't play Pokemon, but in SSM Mewtwo was badass)

Also, they should get another character from Donkey Kong. Who knows, maybe Dixie.

Edit: throw in Paula from Earthbound while you're at it.
Quote by Kopp2
Just be like me. You will get cool by instant

Dayman

Master of karate and friendship for everyone
Last edited by Doctor.Dolittle at Jun 26, 2013,
I'd love Lloyd, Alucard and Sora. None of them seem likely though. Lloyd was from a pretty old game most Smash Bros players won't know. Alucard and and Sora are Playstation and I dunno if they'll be doing anymore lending their characters now that they have their own Smash Bros.

Paper Mario would be cool. It'd be like Dr. Mario in Melee.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Conker the Squirrel

If only... You could throw Banjo/Kazooie onto that pile as well, it just won't happen.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I'd love Lloyd, Alucard and Sora. None of them seem likely though. Lloyd was from a pretty old game most Smash Bros players won't know. Alucard and and Sora are Playstation and I dunno if they'll be doing anymore lending their characters now that they have their own Smash Bros.

Paper Mario would be cool. It'd be like Dr. Mario in Melee.

Sora and Alucard are definitely longshots, but there are plenty of KH games on nintendo systems, so its possible, but not necessarily plausible. If anything, they might pull out Mickey and kind of mix epic mickey/KH with him, idk.

To whoever said Dixie Kong, I love the idea of throwing her in, but I think King K. Rool would be a better donkey kong representative
Quote by joeowens994
If only... You could throw Banjo/Kazooie onto that pile as well, it just won't happen.

why did Rare have to ditch nintendo and go make some shitty kinect sports game :\
squeenix would want way too many royalties for it to be worth nintendo shoving KH in i'd imagine

since were all throwing out unrealistic dreams, i want goku, hello kitty, ryu hayabusa and shrek
pls they've all been on nintendo systems so theres a chance right

Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Alucard and and Sora are Playstation

castlevania is konami and KH is squeenix
Last edited by Ichikurosaki at Jun 26, 2013,
From starfox

Literally she has like, no backstory at all, and she was in 64 for like half a level.

Of course I mean in whatever bounty hunter outfit she normally wears in game, I don't think they ever showed, but she could have a unique move set separate from fox, I'd like not to see any moveset clones in this one.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 26, 2013,
I'm hoping Mewtwo returns.

Considering how Mewtwo's been in the Game Freak and Nintendo's spotlights recently, it actually wouldn't be all that surprising.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Quote by Ichikurosaki
squeenix would want way too many royalties for it to be worth nintendo shoving KH in i'd imagine

since were all throwing out unrealistic dreams, i want goku, hello kitty, ryu hayabusa and shrek
pls they've all been on nintendo systems so theres a chance right

castlevania is konami and KH is squeenix

You certainly have a point with royalties, I hadn't considered that.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Vyse is a sega character and they've already got sonic repping sega so is extremely unlikely

Thx for repeating what I said directly after mentioning him.
Check out my band Disturbed
Leon Kennedy would be awesome and he's Capcom like Megaman so it could work.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Lt. Surge
Thomas Jefferson
GG Allin
CJ from GTA: San Andreas
Brian Posehn

Quote by Tag43
They should try fitting in Earthworm Jim. He would be a great character to add.

This is the perfect serious answer.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Oh yeah I agree with Earthworm Jim. He's perfect.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Realistically, I'm not sure who else they could add. (And by realistic, I mean characters who appear only in Nintendo games.) I think Nintendo has already said they're not gonna go overboard with 3rd party characters, so Megaman, Sonic, and maybe Snake and a Namco character will make it.

I could see Ghirahim being added, and maybe one of the new characters from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Since the game is being made by Namco, I think it would be pretty bitchin' if Pacman made it in. Will probably never happen, but it would be hilarious.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Leon Kennedy would be awesome and he's Capcom like Megaman so it could work.

megaman was a huge thing on the NES or whatever though, RE doesn't have nearly as much involvement with nintendo

it's not entirely impossible, but i'd imagine they'd sooner snatch up viewtiful joe or ameterasu if they wanted more capcom

Quote by muffinduck01
Since the game is being made by Namco, I think it would be pretty bitchin' if Pacman made it in. Will probably never happen, but it would be hilarious.

he was in SF vs tekken, i dont think smash is that unrealistic a scenario tbh
Quote by muffinduck01
Realistically, I'm not sure who else they could add. (And by realistic, I mean characters who appear only in Nintendo games.) I think Nintendo has already said they're not gonna go overboard with 3rd party characters, so Megaman, Sonic, and maybe Snake and a Namco character will make it.

I could see Ghirahim being added, and maybe one of the new characters from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

They also said they are dropping characters, which I assume means snake is gone, sonic is possibly gone, and they will be replacing Ike with one of the newer FE characters. Don't really know who else is on the chopping block, haven't put much thought into it.

I can see pacman making it, his final smash could be eating a big dot and if he eats anyone its an instakill and a pair of eyes just float away, it'd be pretty funny
I hope Sonic is gone. I hated him. Maybe they could get something from Custom Robo (Ray Mk II?). It'd be cool to see that.
Quote by Kopp2
Just be like me. You will get cool by instant

Dayman

Master of karate and friendship for everyone
Solid snake totally broke the cartoony feel of the game. So I hope they don't have any characters that just break the feel of it. The fit girl is pretty lame, but she's just a really weird polygon girl to me.

The style goes really far, like in playstation all stars, shit was too mismatched and just weird, and no one knows how the points worked.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 26, 2013,
ditch sonic for knuckles and i might even buy the game on release

Quote by stratkat
Solid snake totally broke the cartoony feel of the game.

not even, he was very well repurposed, not to mention he was twin snakes snake, which was a very cartoony adaption of MGS1 to begin with
I'm just gonna drop this here.

IGN.com/articles/2013/06/14/e3-2013-namco-bandai-characters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

Namco gets no priority with new characters. Just because they are developing the games, don't expect Pac-Man.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Last edited by sideslick at Jun 26, 2013,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
megaman was a huge thing on the NES or whatever though, RE doesn't have nearly as much involvement with nintendo

it's not entirely impossible, but i'd imagine they'd sooner snatch up viewtiful joe or ameterasu if they wanted more capcom

Yeah I'd agree not likely but RE4 was huge on GC and later the Wii.

Something with Okami would be cool. Again, not really likely.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Page 1 of 2