Page 1 of 3
If you could start college/uni/whatever all over again with a different major than your current one, what would it be?

I'm a music major currently, but if I wasn't a musician, I would probably study linguistics or some kind of anthropology because I've always had a fascination with languages and the "human condition". Human beings are pretty cool despite the fact that Murika is a thing.

If you are still in high school, you can go play outside cuz the big kids are talking.

Go
PM me for newts
No change, still like electricity and engineering
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I switched from physical therapy to music education, so I assume I'd probably go back to physical therapy.
Mass Communications probably.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Business or something.

^ I have 3 friends in mass comm and they say it's terrible but one of them works at a big radio station now.
I'm actually going into Mortuary Sciences/Funeral Service Education and there's nothing I'd rather do, to be honest.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Same thing I'm in now, Molecular Biology. However I would change schools because this one is dropping all the good classes. I'm pretty pissed about that. Ever since the new head of the program, who focuses on microbiology, got in, she's been cutting the good classes and hiring more professors in microbiology. Fuck bacteria.
Electronic Production & Design for sound design, game audio implementation, still film scoring, programming
Music Production & Engineering for producing records, running sessions, TV/ad audio.

Still all music. No fucks given.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
currently in music ed

maybe elementary ed if only for the easier path towards getting a job

but if i had to pick a non communist major... tbh i'd probably just go into something that didnt require schooling. odd jobs for awhile. maybe look into piloting. toll booth operator. pepsi truck driver. can't really see myself in a lot of career fields.
Quote by DukeDeRox
Business or something.

^ I have 3 friends in mass comm and they say it's terrible but one of them works at a big radio station now.

Yeah it might suck but I dunno what else.

Actually I think I would major in Social Work. Or try and be a counselor of some sort via Psychology.
If I were forced to change from electronics engineering, I'd do some sort of business major, probably commerce.
pro tip: it doesn't matter what degree you get. your inability to get a job has nothing to do with your degree

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
pro tip: it doesn't matter what degree you get. your inability to get a job has nothing to do with your degree

As long as people are dying, I'll have a job lol.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover
As long as people are dying, I'll have a job lol.

hell ya get dat post mortem dollaz

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Especially if your degree is music
Quote by bradulator
Yeah it might suck but I dunno what else.

Actually I think I would major in Social Work. Or try and be a counselor of some sort via Psychology.

I'm sure the ones who make it into a cool job like a radio host or something love it lol but as with any job field, it's not easy to get the cool ones

Is anyone's classes in their major actually fun?
Quote by bradulator
Especially if your degree is music

Quote by DukeDeRox

Hell yea they were awesome and everything I've learned I'm using every day.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by DukeDeRox

haha

Interesting, at best.
Quote by DukeDeRox

Mine are. Last year we put a gene from a plant into an E. coli.
Quote by metal4eva_22
And a date

I'll be filling them with more than just my embalming hose
A SIGNATURE.
Psychology, no question.

I'm currently minoring in it and I do have an opportunity to actually get a B.A. in Psych if I stay one more semester in school. I'm considering it.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
No change. Current major is Music and minor in Native Studies. Although I would like to get into education and maybe even computer sciences.
Last edited by Kromeo at Jun 26, 2013,
I haven't really attempted college yet, but I do plan to go back soon.

I really want to get into fabrication (metal working). I would probably end up getting a certificate but a degree would be nice.
Quote by Musicforyou17
I haven't really attempted college yet, but I do plan to go back soon.

I really want to get into fabrication (metal working). I would probably end up getting a certificate but a degree would be nice.

Do materials engineering. Probably like the most boring degree on the planet but $$$$$$$$$
Stop saying 'no change'. Way to miss the point, baby geniuses.
PM me for newts
I'm doing a business/commerce degree majoring in Accounting and I would probably do something like mechanical engineering if there wasn't so much maths involved.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Probably ummm Anthropology for the same reasons as TS + love to travel and explore locations.
And/or filmmaking or some sort of mass communications or graphic art style major. Something where I could create things that could have an impact on a population or... just for my own sake.

Right now I'm psychology and dance.

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
prob switch from premed to physics with an astrophys specialization (all the badass shit happens in space)
sigless
Last edited by sysD at Jun 26, 2013,
Quote by DonGlover
I'm actually going into Mortuary Sciences/Funeral Service Education and there's nothing I'd rather do, to be honest.

crazy nigga
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
crazy nigga

Really good pay, non-competitive, always in business, peaceful work, and I get to work with dead people and drive a hearse lol.
A SIGNATURE.
What do you learn for funeral/mortuary whatever?
Quote by bradulator

Well it's typically a two year program. First year is basically pre-med, and you'll learn anatomy, microbiology, embalming, pathology, "restorative art" (making the corpses look less grim lol), ethics, how to deal with grievance, all that fun stuff. Then the second year is paid co-op where you'll be out there applying what you learned and getting paid for it (which you can put towards tuition costs). Once you graduate and get your certificate, you can work anywhere you damn well please. It's a pretty sweet gig.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by bradulator

Embalming, I'd imagine.

How to properly dress up the corpse for the coffin.

Constructing coffins.

Leasing hearses.
Page 1 of 3