http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/in-depth/labors-struggle-to-the-death/story-fnhqeu0x-1226670119125

KEVIN Rudd has accepted Julia Gillard’s challenge to stand for the Labor leadership, declaring he will retire from politics if he loses the ballot.

The former prime minister warned Labor faced a ''catastrophic defeat'' if Ms Gillard remained leader.

The Prime Minister has called a leadership spill for 7pm in an attempt to finish off Kevin Rudd's political career once and for all.

Ms Gillard's decision to call a snap spill followed a meeting in her office with loyalist ministers Wayne Swan, Warren Snowdon, Jenny Macklin, Brendan O'Connor and Stephen Smith.

West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Jun 26, 2013,
No matter what happens tonight, Labour will unfortunately lose the next election anyway. It really doesn't make a difference.

...so how about State of Origin?

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by King Donkey
NSW have it in the bag.

Atta boy.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
This is so high school, it's embarrassing! A couple of 50 year olds acting like children so they can "lead" our country.
*sigh*
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by King Donkey
NSW have it in the bag.

HAHHAHHAA yeah right.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Wong is deputy PM; Rudd will legislate gay marriage; boat people off election agenda.

Looking good.

Quote by Diamond Dave
it's a big joke.

I'm more concerned about the AUD tanking at the moment. I might have to go back to buying things locally!

You'll have to vote Labour breh; Coalition spending cuts (assuming they follow through on their rhetoric (unlikely)) would likely cause the dollar to devalue further.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
I kind of always did prefer Kevin Rudd but what they're doing is so childish, it's embarrassing Australia. Wonder what other countries are thinking.

Anything is better than Tony Abbott though so I'll have to settle on this.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
I kind of always did prefer Kevin Rudd but what they're doing is so childish, it's embarrassing Australia. Wonder what other countries are thinking.

Doesn't help that the media + press gallery keep forcing it with their bullshit. Just look at that fuckery last week when Rudd said "I don't believe there are any circumstances under which that'd happen", which was apparently significant because it gave some knob a loophole to raise the issue again.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by magnus_maximus
We don't laugh at Australia because of your politicians. We laugh at Australia because of the Australians.

How's your Scottish independence going?

heh heh heh heh
Quote by Vornik
Quote by magnus_maximus
Most recent poll conducted during a by-election said 37% yes, 30% no, 33% unknown.

Don't lie the question they asked people was "should Braveheart be the leader to unite the tribes?" wasn't it
Quote by Vornik
Quote by dann_blood
Wong is deputy PM; Rudd will legislate gay marriage; boat people off election agenda.

Looking good.

You'll have to vote Labour breh; Coalition spending cuts (assuming they follow through on their rhetoric (unlikely)) would likely cause the dollar to devalue further.

Good try, but Anthony Albanese is deputy PM. Wong is leader of the Senate.
Gear:

Schecter Omen-6
Custom-built explorer (my first build)
Schecter Damian-6
Two strat copies
Home-made PitBull Guitars Flying V
Blackstar HT-1RH
Blackstar HT-Metal
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Quote by JustPhil
Rudd wins.
She clearly didn't think that through, silly bitch.

the longer you take the longer you give people time to sort themselves out. in other words, she had to capitalise on the double-guessing people had to do. what happened was probably a lot like spinners and losers episode on the thick of it
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ