I'm looking for an electric guitar, it will be my first one as I really only play acoustic. I have narrowed it down to either an Epiphone Les Paul Special ii or an Esp Ltd EC-10. I'm a bit stuck for money and in my local music stores they are both roughly €200, although the epiphone is 2nd hand..
I was just wondering if someone could tell me which is a better guitar? I have heard that Ltd's are used mostly in metal and I'm really more of a classic rock or punk rock fan.
So, can anyone give me their opinion?
and ya, thanks and stuff!
I can not speak for the esp ltd. I do however have a special2 and for the the price it is a great guitar. If it is in great shape it would be hard to go wrong on the epiphone. It does seem more suited for your play style to me as well. Play both, plugged into an amp, and go from there. Be sure to toggle between the pickups on each.

Great luck and have fun!

Adam
Can you get something like a Vintage, or a Cort? Either would blow that Epi or LTD away.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 26, 2013,
LTD's are known more as metal guitars but its not always true, there was a mostly acoustic grungeish band in town once and he used an LTD, worked fine
Where are you located? That Epiphone is WAY overpriced! You can get them new at musicstore.de for €130 (EC-10 is €170).

I'd choose the EC-10, but you should probably just try both and pick the one you like best.
Yeah, those are waaaay overpriced.

I'd go for the LTD but ideally I'd be getting something at least from the 50 series, maybe used.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.