Last night Wendy Davis filibustered a bill that would shut down the majority of abortion clinics in the state of Texas, standing (without even leaning on her desk, nor taking bathroom breaks) for 10 hours straight.

Wendy, you're a badman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23058736
Senator Wendy Davis had to stay on topic and remain standing over the 10 hour period

Helped by a marathon speech, Texas Democrats have managed to block a bill that would shut most of the abortion clinics in the state.
Oh my goddamn

she's a ****ing hero
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
YEAHHHHH WENDY

I feel a bit iffy about late term abortions though. I was born at 22 weeks. Thinking about how my mom could have aborted me (& she would have had good reason to do so, it was pretty close) is weird. But I can see how it's necessary
cat
She's a damn hero
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by guitarxo
YEAHHHHH WENDY

I feel a bit iffy about late term abortions though. I was born at 22 weeks. Thinking about how my mom could have aborted me (& she would have had good reason to do so, it was pretty close) is weird. But I can see how it's necessary

A ban has no room for special cases, because it's banned outright. If a woman is dying or the fetus is going to die at birth then it's necessary. You were born at 22 weeks? That's hella early
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by guitarxo
YEAHHHHH WENDY

I don't support abortion at all (special cases are one thing, etc) but I think it should be legal because the alternative is super scary.y
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The bill would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

It would also require all pregnancy terminations to take place in surgical centres.

I can't really say that I see anything wrong with that.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by guitarxo
YEAHHHHH WENDY

Agreed, I think the 20 week limit that they proposed is fine. But that provision isn't the one that would shut down most of the abortion clinics in Texas.

So I guess I am cool with Wendy.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Skynyrd890

I think it's mismatched. Surgical centers are for more complex procedures. I forget the level below surgical center, but that level is still meant for delicate procedures. Bumping it up the surgical centers would shut down all but like five and drive a lot of women to Mexico for it. We all know how that would turn out.

Yea, 20 weeks is pretty abysmal. I see it as an emergency only option. Like life or death emergency.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Skynyrd890

That wasn't all the bill did. The rest of it was the problem

I think the limit here is 24 weeks just as a means of comparison. This coincides with when the brain is developed I believe, making it the time I'd choose whether or not it was already law here
The law hasn't caught up with our knowledge of pregnancy. Fetuses still may not be viable after the 2nd/3rd trimester and even the actual pregnancy could go undetected until then. Plus life-threatening medical conditions could develop at any time. Abortion would be a very valuable option in these cases. So I lean towards pro-life in my head but not really.

Quote by BladeSlinger
You were born at 22 weeks? That's hella early

Yeah. They thought either me or my mom were going to die but they put me on an incubator anyway and neither of us did. After that they also thought I was going to be all deformed or something and I'm not.

I guess I was just super excited to see the world.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
The law hasn't caught up with our knowledge of pregnancy. Fetuses still may not be viable after the 2nd/3rd trimester and even the actual pregnancy could go undetected until then. Plus life-threatening medical conditions could develop at any time. Abortion would be a very valuable option in these cases. So I lean towards pro-life in my head but not really.

Yeah. They thought either me or my mom were going to die but they put me on an incubator anyway and neither of us did. After that they also thought I was going to be all deformed or something and I'm not.

I guess I was just super excited to see the world.

You prefer to not resort to things like abortion but you see that it has uses in modern society. That's what bugs, it the people who want to get rid of it entirely. Just let the mothers die if there's a condition. I'm cool with early abortion and in life threatening scenarios but past that I'd rather not.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Thank you Wendy for helping protect what I hold most sacred. Abortion is secretly my favorite spectator sport.
Quote by severed-metal
As far as any dude is concerned, this woman is their hero.

Thanks for enforcing negative stereotypes, bro.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Thanks for enforcing negative stereotypes, bro.

Like a man not wanting a child? You figured me out.
Quote by severed-metal
Like a man not wanting a child? You figured me out.

I know plenty of men who want children way more than a lot of women. My girlfriend despises all children.

It just feeds into the idea that wanting children isn't something that men do, which is false.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I know plenty of men who want children way more than a lot of women. My girlfriend despises all children.

It just feeds into the idea that wanting children isn't something that men do, which is false.

Stop being a big girl.
Quote by severed-metal
Stop being a big girl.

huehuehuehue
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by severed-metal
Stop being a big girl.

loll