Are the amp modeling on the axe fx good or is it better for effects ? is it more an multi -effect with amp modeling capacity .

ive read from people to look elsewhere for amp modeling as other unit like pod does the same job .

so any axe fx owner can tell me if the 70 amp model sound good .. is there some good marshall type high gain distortions , mesa boogie etc.. ?

i dont really care if it recreate the original perfectly as i dont own them .. just if the high gain sound sound good .

im playing bad religion , green day , blink 182 , metallica , megadeth and stuff like that .

does the axe fx standard /ultra have good sounding distortions ??

the axe fx II seem to have improve the amp modeling part as i read .. but is the standard /ultra good enough .

im playing through studio monitors krk rokit 6 g2 ( powered) in my bedroom as a hobbyist .

would you buy an axe fx mostly for is amp modeling part .

ill still use some basic effect like flanger , chorus , delay sometimes . but mostly only the high gain amp .

i can grab a axe fx standard for around 1000 $ and that would be perfect for my budget as a bedroom hobby . i dont wanna go 2200 $ for the axe 2 .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Jun 26, 2013,
I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of people who buy the Axe-Fx buy it for the amp modeling. I know a few people who run a different effects system with it, but I don't know anyone who just uses for the effects. The amp modeling is definitely the primary function, and it does it extremely well, especially on the high gain models.

I don't know who is telling you that a POD models as well as the Axe-Fx, but having owned both, that is a ludicrous statement. Perhaps they were just meaning that they technically do the same thing? In the most general sense, yes, a POD and an Axe-Fx do the same thing. The Axe-Fx is miles beyond the POD as far as amp modeling goes, though. No question about that.
Some thoughts on practicality: $1000 is a lot to spend on what's basically practice gear, and I don't think you get any kind of controller, so switching channels/effects/etc. may be cumbersome. Consider if rack gear is practical for you too.
For bedroom I'd say you could just go for a Peavey Vypyr tube or any other amp and save a bunch of money and still be happy.
Quote by jameswilddev
Some thoughts on practicality: $1000 is a lot to spend on what's basically practice gear, and I don't think you get any kind of controller, so switching channels/effects/etc. may be cumbersome. Consider if rack gear is practical for you too.

Yes mine come with a foot controller .

Truth is money is not an issue ... that 1000 wont break my bank at all . Its just that the axe fx 2 at 2500 is becoming a bit big investmeent for a hobby . So ill go with the standard and see
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Quote by Skysc
Yes mine come with a foot controller .

Truth is money is not an issue ... that 1000 wont break my bank at all . Its just that the axe fx 2 at 2500 is becoming a bit big investmeent for a hobby . So ill go with the standard and see

I'd say that 1000$ is also a lot for a hobby.
Well, luckily you're not doing his budget

If he's got 1K to drop on a practice rig, an Axe-Fx is an awesome option, certainly one of the best from a recording and flexibility standpoint.
Quote by Roc8995
Well, luckily you're not doing his budget

If he's got 1K to drop on a practice rig, an Axe-Fx is an awesome option, certainly one of the best from a recording and flexibility standpoint.

It really is good Just seems excessive. Well, if some people got money to spend why shouldn't they spend it?

You can also donate money for me
Mark Day on Youtube has excellent Marshall type sounds from the Axe Fx, even from when he used to use a Standard/Ultra.

Cliff is a Mesa/Boogie guy, the Mesa sounds are spot on!

The first generation units are fine units, but you're going to have to try them out yourselves. Get the $1000 unit, and if you don't like it, it's an easy flip. But if you only have $1k, can't get the Kemper to try it out, then the Standard is plenty. I have a Kemper and Axe Fx, enjoy them both immensely.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by guitar/bass95
For bedroom I'd say you could just go for a Peavey Vypyr tube or any other amp and save a bunch of money and still be happy.

That's blasphemy!

I have a Kemper for home play and it's been worth every penny.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs