Hey guys,

I've had my RR5 a little under a month and its proving be a ball ache to sit down and practice with so I'm considering selling it and getting a PRS SE of some sort.

I tried a Mark Tremonti SE today and it was really nice (I tried a Les Paul Studio too but the PRS felt and sounded better to me).

I'm still in to 80's rock and metal so with that in mind can anyone give me any advice on which model of PRS SE to go for? I liked the Tremonti but if there are others worth trying then fire away.
V's are easy to sit down with. Just hold the guitar like you would a classical guitar.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
if you ask me an se is a step down from an rr5...

just stand up?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
not like this.

That's where I've been going wrong

It just seems to slip a lot. Maybe it's cause it's got a small fin on the bottom.

and yeah fwiw i found the rr even harder to balance on my knee than a normal v. and i don't particularly like balancing a normal v on my knee

i just stand up (not like dave davies though )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a Jackson RR5 and a PRS Tremonti SE, both with DiMarzio pickups. While I like both of them a lot. I'd never sell my RR5 to buy a PRS SE model. Parting with a guitar that cost around $1200 new to buy a guitar that's around $500 or $600 new doesn't really make sense. I know the RR5 can be difficult to play while seated that's why I just stand up when I play my RR5. I just play one of my other guitars when I wanna play sitting down. So just save up and buy another more traditional shaped guitar to play when seated and keep that RR5.

As for the PRS SE models, they are all pretty good. Just try them and find the one that feels right to you. I really like my Tremonti but the Custom 24 was great too. It was a hard decision to make but I chose the Tremonti because I like the control layout better.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Jun 26, 2013,
I see what your saying. I think I may have just got a bit caught up in the "ooh new guitar" moment at the shop. I probably will invest in a PRS at some point but like people have said the SE would be a step down and I'd probably be really stupid to get rid of it.

As for playing it. It'll probably have to be a standing up job. I've got my omen-6 for sitting down and that's really comfortable to play sat down.