Music is cheap, but good feedback is rare. You shouldn't expect every thread to get a comment. There's just more amateur music on UG than anyone has time to listen to, then give detailed critical feedback. And bumping your thread four times in a row (in three days) isn't helping your case.
I was asking for any feedback at all, and seeing as im in the ORIGINAL RECORDINGS section of UG, where people post things like this to get feedback, the point you think you've made is irrelevant. also, if you have time to make a comment such as you did then you would have time to listen to the 2 minute video and take a quick second to comment. if people don't have time to do it. then they wouldn't be browsing the original recordings section. would they
Quote by NateCochrane93
I was asking for any feedback at all, and seeing as im in the ORIGINAL RECORDINGS section of UG, where people post things like this to get feedback, the point you think you've made is irrelevant. also, if you have time to make a comment such as you did then you would have time to listen to the 2 minute video and take a quick second to comment. if people don't have time to do it. then they wouldn't be browsing the original recordings section. would they

What I'm doing is giving a PSA to all the people that think they deserve to have someone take time out of their day to listen to their unremarkable music, then wrack their brains for something worthwhile to say about it, and post that. Most of the people in Original Recordings are there to either post music, or leave a vague "sounds good, brah" (like that guy above me), hoping you'll do the same thing for them.
TLDR: People post things to get feedback, but people don't give feedback. Maybe if you critted some other people's work, they'd give you more attention. Also, bumping your thread is against the rules.
Quote by Cavalcade
What I'm doing is giving a PSA to all the people that think they deserve to have someone take time out of their day to listen to their unremarkable music, then wrack their brains for something worthwhile to say about it, and post that. Most of the people in Original Recordings are there to either post music, or leave a vague "sounds good, brah" (like that guy above me), hoping you'll do the same thing for them.
TLDR: People post things to get feedback, but people don't give feedback. Maybe if you critted some other people's work, they'd give you more attention. Also, bumping your thread is against the rules.

im not rly hoping to get anything from giving these people what I think about their music. Im just saying what I think as a fellow guitar player. peace and love brother
Quote by Friedmanfanguy
im not rly hoping to get anything from giving these people what I think about their music. Im just saying what I think as a fellow guitar player. peace and love brother

you sir, are a good man p.s. thanks man!
then by all means, please give a well-thought and intelligent feedback so that our fellow musician here can get better.
No.

He's lucky anyone gave him any attention at all. I don't do crits for people who bump their worthless threads four times in a row. Being a good musician should come after being a good human, which common courtesy is a part of.
Quote by Cavalcade
I don't do crits for people who bump their worthless threads four times in a row. Being a good musician should come after being a good human, which common courtesy is a part of.

+1 Best quote I'll see today
+1 for Truth
+1 for Bump=No crit
Quote by Cavalcade
If you want to get better, which is more helpful: "good stuff lol", or "here are some things that need improvement: <list of things>"?

then I would accept what you had to say, but you didn't even critique it so you are contradicting yourself all over the place here. I hate to break it to you pal but you slandering peoples efforts to get better and get recognized on youtube and UG in the section people go for exactly that reason. doesn't make you a good musician, or superior to me. the thread had 100 views, and nobody said anything. I would accept even a negative review of it. all you could have said was. didn't really like it man, and that would have been fine. maybe im sensing someone is a little jealous after hearing their own feebled attemps at making music on their profile page?
Careful with words like "slander", you could hurt yourself. Between that and pulling the "you're just jealous" card (lol), it's clear that you're not interested in improving as a musician.
Here's the issue. I mentioned how "being a good musician should come after being a good human, which common courtesy is a part of". That means, in plain English, that you need to learn not to be a dick when someone tries to help you ("don't bump your threads", along with a nice explanation of why people won't crit you). Once you stop being so insufferable, people will want to help you, which will lead to being a better musician. See how this works?
But I'm not sure you want to be a better musician or person. If that's how it is, there's nothing we can do for you.
Quote by NateCochrane93
maybe im sensing someone is a little jealous after hearing their own feebled attemps at making music on their profile page?

I'm sorry (okay, maybe I'm not so sorry), but when I see someone throw something like this out there, the last thing it makes me want to do is give a thoughtful critique of his or her music. I don't have much new to add to what's already been said (bumping being against the rules, taking time to critique others' material in return for critiques on your own, etc.), but I can say that taking on such an unattractive attitude like you've displayed here makes it very difficult for most people to want to help you. Next time either make time to C4C with others in this subforum or accept the fact that sometimes threads - good, bad, and mediocre - just fall through the cracks.
Quote by ARom22
Next time either make time to C4C with others in this subforum or accept the fact that sometimes threads - good, bad, and mediocre - just fall through the cracks.

He gives reviews all the time. The point here is that bumping is against the rules, and rule breakers get ignored. Your not getting any replies on your c4c? GO LOOK AT SOME ONE ELSE'S C4C AND WRITE A CRIT, THEN THEY WILL RETURN THE FAVOR.

read the damn rules man!
I agree with people who say bumping your own thread is against the rules. Because it is.

So if you want to get views for your video, give other people a crit and they'll give you a crit. That's how it works. You need to be active to be noticed. Sometimes people check out your threads, sometimes they don't. So if you want to get lots of views, go and crit somebody else's music.

What I have to say about the riffs... First, you were a bit out of tune. But yeah, riffs are riffs and I think almost any riff can be made to work in a song. But you need to write songs, not just riffs. So go write a song where you use these ideas. Add more instruments, add a melody. Add more parts. This somehow reminded me of some Metallica style clean parts (maybe due to your Explorer guitar but also the song that came to my mind was To Live Is to Die).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115