Hey guys, I need your help!

I've done research constantly for AGES now, picking the best guitar for me using online specs, reviews and video demos. After going to multiple local guitar shops to try the guitars I want (or something similar) I am stumped again.

I tried multiple LTD (and even ESP) guitars, and although I loved the body shapes and weight, the neck just didn't seem to 'fit' my hands properly and made me think "eurgh!".

I then went on to trying a few schecters out and I had to the same problem, I like the body shape of the c-1's but the neck wasn't for my hands.

I decided to stay true to my current guitars and try some Ibanez guitars out. I tried out a few s-series models and wasn't too keen on the slimness of the body. I went on to try a couple other models and the necks felt superb in my hands and the bodies weren't too bad. The problem is, every model of ibanez that is actually playable for me had a damn Floyd Rose bride on it, which I hate for the feeling when palm muting and just being a general nuisance.

So my question is this: Can you guys recommend any guitars that have similar neck profiles to Ibanez but with a fixed/TOM bridge and a super-strat body shape?

My budget is less than £700, I live in the UK and I play all forms of metal, with the odd venture into other genres.

Oh yeah, sorry about not being too specific on what models I tried, i can't really remember, I was just picking them from the wall without paying to much attention to the model.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
2nd hand Jaden Rose Series 2.

Sorted.

Or a tad cheaper.... Ibanez RGA121.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Jun 26, 2013,
Ibanez rga121 or fr2620/fr1620.

I am the same as you, love ibanez necks, especially the wizard neck, but hate floyd rose trems. I own both the above, and with a change of pickups they are simply amazing.

The rga121 is no longer made, but can be found for decent prices every so often. The FR2620 isn't made now either but the fr1620 is. J would definitely recommend looking at any of the above!
Ibanez RGA121H Prestige
Ibanez FR2620 Prestige
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Tanglewood TSE 501 GC
Fender FC30 Classic
Quote by gbh14
Ibanez rga121 or fr2620/fr1620!

Thanks for the reply! I've had a look at those models but I'd a bit iffy with such a small top cutaway cutaway guitars. I tried the ARZ a few months back and didn't like the single cutaway design. Hence why I like the Ibanez RG/Schecter C-1/LTD H or M series' body shape.

Sorry haha, didn't realise I was so picky until now!
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Quote by Carl21221
Thanks for the reply! I've had a look at those models but I'd a bit iffy with such a small top cutaway cutaway guitars. I tried the ARZ a few months back and didn't like the single cutaway design. Hence why I like the Ibanez RG/Schecter C-1/LTD H or M series' body shape.

Sorry haha, didn't realise I was so picky until now!

The RGA121 has a double cutaway. It is exactly the same shape as the RG except it has an arched top, rather than flat, hence the A after the RG. Also look at the RGA321 and RG1421. All double cutaway superstrats like the c-1 and H and M series ltd and esp
Ibanez RGA121H Prestige
Ibanez FR2620 Prestige
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Tanglewood TSE 501 GC
Fender FC30 Classic