Page 1 of 2
I always GASsed for expensive guitars until I could actually afford them. I'm not rich but I could go to a guitar store and pick up anything under 5k without it REALLY hurting my budget. Even though I do gigs and am in a semi serious band, I can't imagine being able to justify getting rid of my my cheap frankenstrat I put together myself.

That being said, those guitars are wicked

EDIT: I just realized that this post seems really douchebaggy. All I wanted to say was that **** expensive useless gear. You want good sound? You don't need to pay a ton of money for it
Last edited by flexiblemile at Jun 26, 2013,
A house or a guitar.
Hmmm... tough choice.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by angusfan16
What idiot would buy a Stratocaster over a mansion?

This.

I don't think I could ever justify spending that kind of money on any guitar, even if I was filthy rich.
Quote by captainsnazz
Joshua Garcia's "Liger"

SOLD FOR:
£over9000

yeah that.

lol @ Jerry Garcia. Everyone knows it's all about Cherry Garcia. From Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

Edit: Reported for advertising because you both registered today and the video was uploaded today.

Edit again: Okay maybe not advertising, but self promotion.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 26, 2013,
Quote by angusfan16

Someone who has enough money for both?
Quote by Joshua Garcia

Edit: Reported for advertising because you both registered today and the video was uploaded today.

Yup. Exactly what I was thinking. I was waiting for one of them to be like "yeah, slash bought his $700k guitar from this site ______ great deals blah blah"
Quote by Jackintehbox
Someone who has enough money for both?

Id still never spend $2 mill on a guitar. I love music and all, butts that is retarded

Edit: v hheehhhheheheehhe
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jun 26, 2013,
Quote by angusfan16
What idiot would buy a Stratocaster?

dunno m8
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Can't sleep in no stratocaster, and the blues never sound good when you're playing them because a hobo peed on you.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
That is...and unfathomable amount of money. Whoever bought them clearly has more money than sense, even if that are probably more collector's items than anything else. No way would I ever feel comfortable playing a guitar that went for that much.

Quote by captainsnazz
Joshua Garcia's "Liger"

SOLD FOR:
£over9000

You see this shit, people?

Fucking stop it. It's pathetic, circle-jerking horseshit.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by BeefWellington
You see this shit, people?

Fucking stop it. It's pathetic, circle-jerking horseshit.

You're upset over that?
Don't ever stop being yourself, man.

This isn't sarcasm, by the way. I legitimately hope you don't stop making posts like these.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by angusfan16

Someone with enough mansions.
Quote by angusfan16

Maybe someone who could afford to mansion to display each of them in?
TS SAID "OR". GUITAR OR MANSION.

Simon says you cant have both.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Trowzaa
Yup. Exactly what I was thinking. I was waiting for one of them to be like "yeah, slash bought his $700k guitar from this site ______ great deals blah blah"

Wait he reported me? I registered yesterday and I definitely am not advertising a 700k guitar -_-...how could I advertise if I don't post a link..location...etc...it was 130k anyways not 700...

To the person who reported me: Some people on these forums these days try to be heroes and report problems...I've only posted 10 times since registering last night, and it's all been constructive help...I cant freakin' advertise a $700,000 guitar...are you really that desperate for being honored as the guy who banned an "advertiser".....

Here you go man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjGaJj_-itE
Last edited by leyshadow at Jun 26, 2013,
Quote by leyshadow
Wait he reported me? I registered yesterday and I definitely am not advertising a 700k guitar -_-...how could I advertise if I don't post a link..location...etc...it was 130k anyways not 700...

To the person who reported me: Some people on these forums these days try to be heroes and report problems...I've only posted 10 times since registering last night, and it's all been constructive help...I cant freakin' advertise a $700,000 guitar...are you really that desperate for being honored as the guy who banned an "advertiser".....

He was being sarcastic, ya nitwit. I obviously didn't report you under that impression.
Dummy...

If you bothered to read my edit, I reported because of self promotion. Normally it's okay, but I believe registering just for this purpose is bad.

And if it's not, the mods won't care, so stop being a cry baby.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by Joshua Garcia
He was being sarcastic, ya nitwit. I obviously didn't report you under that impression.
Dummy...

If you bothered to read my edit, I reported because of self promotion. Normally it's okay, but I believe registering just for this purpose is bad.

And if it's not, the mods won't care, so stop being a cry baby.

The point to me is how can I self promote if it's not my video?
Quote by leyshadow
The point to me is how can I self promote if it's not my video?

TS's name is shamusmon
YouTube name for video in OP is shamusmon.
Yeah, that doesn't look like your video at all...

Wait a second...
Quote by leyshadow
Wait he reported me?

I didn't report you, I reported shamusmon. Are you a multi? Because now I have even more of a reason to report you. In fact, I think I will.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by Joshua Garcia
TS's name is shamusmon
YouTube name for video in OP is shamusmon.
Yeah, that doesn't look like your video at all...

Wait a second...

I didn't report you, I reported shamusmon. Are you a multi? Because now I have even more of a reason to report you. In fact, I think I will.

Nope this is my one and only account, however the other guy responded to your post about how he thought I would post a site advertising the $700k guitar, so he must have thought the same thing as I did.....
Quote by angusfan16
TS SAID "OR". GUITAR OR MANSION.

Simon says you cant have both.

What if I already had the mansions?
The choice may then become the guitar or ANOTHER mansion?

Screw what TS said.
Yeah, I'm a rebel.
Quote by leyshadow
Nope this is my one and only account, however the other guy responded to your post about how he thought I would post a site advertising the $700k guitar, so he must have thought the same thing as I did.....

Okay, I see what happened here...

Quote by leyshadow
EDIT: Here's proof since I was reported for advertising...you moron

I didn't report you, you moron. Go sit in the slow kids corner.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by Joshua Garcia
You're upset over that?
Don't ever stop being yourself, man.

This isn't sarcasm, by the way. I legitimately hope you don't stop making posts like these.

Posting angry, belligerent bullshit is fun, so I might as get see how many people I can piss off/make laugh in the process. Don't worry, there's plenty more pent-up aggression where that came from. Being a grumpy old bastard is what I do best.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I got the google ad on that vid, "Two people are spying on you."

Anyone else get that, wtf?

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
So they're all expensive because someone famous used them.

Here's the most expensive bass guitar:

http://www.luxuo.com/most-expensive/bass-guitar.html

"This luxurious bass has a body carved from a rare, solid piece of maple"

'Solid' pieces of maple are rare? But Maple trees grow all over the world and are regularly used for timber, what's so hard about cutting a piece from one that's big enough to make a guitar body?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

'Solid' pieces of maple are rare? But Maple trees grow all over the world and are regularly used for timber, what's so hard about cutting a piece from one that's big enough to make a guitar body?

It's finding a piece large enough for a whole body with complete figuring. You generally get enough for a top, or enough for a body wing on a neck-through. Jens Ritter has also done some where the body and neck is all one piece and figured. Not as well figud as this one though. To be fair, I could have found more of a 'guitarists' description of the piece.

Edit: If you're interested in his pieces, he's his site- http://ritter-instruments.com/ritter-royal.php
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jun 27, 2013,
I took down a huge maple in my backyard and was going to make it into a guitar but it wasn't thick enough, circumference-wise. That's the way the grains go, horizontally. I could have gotten a good body but for the neck too, the trunk would have to be like five feet wide.

My maples grow really tall and drop off limbs like there's no tomorrow, but only about three to four feet wide unless they are like 300 years old, and by then, they are half-rotted out looking like gnarled old ents.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by angusfan16
I'm guessing he needed more guitars to fill his mansions with.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Its rare to find a maple tree large enough to make a guitar from entirely one piece, that also just so happens to be that heavily figured.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by angusfan16

An idiot that already has 12 mansions but only 7 Stratocasters?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
If I had the money for a $2 million guitar, that means I likely can afford to spend that kind of money on a guitar.

I'm still not sure I would do it.
Quote by flexiblemile
I always GASsed for expensive guitars until I could actually afford them. I'm not rich but I could go to a guitar store and pick up anything under 5k without it REALLY hurting my budget. Even though I do gigs and am in a semi serious band, I can't imagine being able to justify getting rid of my my cheap frankenstrat I put together myself.

That being said, those guitars are wicked

EDIT: I just realized that this post seems really douchebaggy. All I wanted to say was that **** expensive useless gear. You want good sound? You don't need to pay a ton of money for it

I am jealous, I could only afford to get a sub £500 guitar but then again I don't do gigs.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
yeah that.

lol @ Jerry Garcia. Everyone knows it's all about Cherry Garcia. From Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

Edit again: Okay maybe not advertising, but self promotion.

I read the forum rules before posting and saw nothing about not posting your own videos.
Page 1 of 2