There is an old thread on this somewhere I think, but I just want to know... If the wood inside the hole for the strap button's screw is getting stripped, is there a problem with simply gluing it in place? I don't think I'm ever going to need to take it out. I just started playing, though, on a used guitar so forgive me for my lack of knowledge.
Plug the hole with a toothpick and screw the button back in the hole.

Sorted. You don't even need to glue the toothpick in. The screw itself holds it in.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 26, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Sorted. You don't even need to glue the toothpick in. The screw itself holds it in.

I think that makes sense, thank you.
Toothpick or a matchstick. Done the same with a couple of guitars of my own over the years.

And furniture and doors in the home...
A dot of glue on the tip doesn't do any harm. And remember to break off the excess that is exposed from the hole.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I stripped the hole in my Iceman after installing strap locks and two tooth picks was all it took to fix it. I didn't even glue them and its been super solid for months -- I've put maybe 20-25 gigs into it since then. It hasn't budged one bit.
Last edited by ExDementia at Jun 27, 2013,