I've been thinking about getting a second Dean Cadillac, probably with an eye towards swapping out the stock pickups with some Bareknuckle Rebel Yells.

There are fewer models in the current production Caddy line right now than in previous years, and I'm not interested in the X, the Straight Six, or the DCR#6, leaving only the Select and the 1980s.

Near as I can tell, the only real differences between these two is that one is arched and one is not, and they have different pickups.

Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Followup: if you know of any deals on new or used Caddys I should know about, please post a link.

Thanks in advance!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
And just to be clear: I found some of the old Time Capsule and Exotics, but I'm not looking for that quality Caddy again! Even the used one I found was $1700.

Don't get me wrong- I'd love to get my hands on one of those burled maple top beauties, but I'm simply not in the market for a $1700-3500 guitar right now. Not for THIS.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I really like that white, but he's looking to trade for something I don't have.

That's a good deal on the other one, though...

I must confess I am leery of CL...

And more shallowly, on my part- that finish is bugging me. It's pretty...but my TC Caddy is the Trans-Brazilliaburst and my EVO is the Tiger-Eye burst. That CL Caddy would look like the love-child of the two. Silly, I know.

Neither of which eliminates it from consideration, of course.

I'll definitely keep it in mind. I mean, I just started thinking about this about a week ago, and have only now started looking around at Caddys...and how tough it is to get BKPs in the USA.

Again, thanks.

I dunno how you use that site. It looks like it's from the 80's.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.