Hey guys, so the thing is I just got the Decimator G-String II, and I dont know much about the technical stuff of how these noise gates work, but I tried it and to be honest it kind of surprised me that It only started to kick in when I set the threshold at -10. I was a bit surprised cause I had seen lots of videos from different people with all sorts of heavy distortion pedals, and the majority of them set their decimators at around -40 so it would kick in, and I think I kind of expected that this one would do the same. So I dont know...do you think theres something wrong with my decimator? or is this normal? Btw, I tried it with my guitar which is an esp/ltd ec-1000, and a boss metal core distortion pedal with the distortion know almost to the max. I know its not the best gear but Its what I've got right now. Thanks in advance for you insights!
I use it at about 11'oclock with my rig. I have the normal decimator, but I imagine there shouldn't be much difference.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
You aren't meant to be able to tell when a good noise suppressor cuts in or not. There should just be a comparable noise difference when you toggle it between on and off. Depending on where you have it in your set-up depends on how it'll function. If you have it before the gain it'll reduce microphonic feedback from your guitar, if you have it after your gain stages it'll reduce hiss and noise.

It would help if you listed the order of your pedals.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
You aren't meant to be able to tell when a good noise suppressor cuts in or not. There should just be a comparable noise difference when you toggle it between on and off. Depending on where you have it in your set-up depends on how it'll function. If you have it before the gain it'll reduce microphonic feedback from your guitar, if you have it after your gain stages it'll reduce hiss and noise.

It would help if you listed the order of your pedals.

well the order was very simple

Gutiar -> boss metalcore -> Decimator G string II -> Amp