Hi, I need a cheap OD pedal under £50 and currently looking at these 3, I would try them out if I could but there are no guitar stores for miles around apart from one which wont let me try out any pedals because there all packaged and stuff which is bollocks but never mind .

If you've owned any of these for any period of time It'd be great if you could feed back on how versatile they are, how aggressive the overdrive is compared to other pedals etc, and how they cope in gigs and at high volume.

I'm not looking for a specific sound just a pedal that'll do for classic rock, also 90's/00's Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, Libertines etc, doesn't have to fit all of these I guess but if I'm choosing the complete wrong pedal for this stuff let me know please!

Also I use a Marshall AS100D amp with an electric guitar, sounds okay to me but I have read that overdrive pedal can sound awful with a solid state amp which I think my amp is, plus it being an acoustic amplifier is that all okay?

Sorry for being a massive noob I am well aware I have a lot to learn
The amp is unlikely to designed to be overdriven. It is very unlikely in my view to benefit from running an overdrive into the front.
OD's can sound find on SS but I don't think acoustic amps are really made to take OD. I have a Bad Monkey but I don't really use it as an OD much, I mostly use it as a boost.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The best bet would probably actually be to get something like a Zoom G2 (loads of used ones on ebay for under your budget) and play it through the phono input of your amp.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
i dunno how that'll work with your acoustic amp...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ that's why I suggested the phono input - it's designed for plugging stereo equipment into, so it only drives the speaker & not the amp itself. You'd use the amp simulators on the G2 to get the sound you want, and just use the AS100D as a speaker.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
^ yeah that may well be worth considering. this is getting a bit beyond my paygrade, lol. i just wanted to highlight that it probably wouldn't work the way an electric amp would.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Solud state acoustic amp will probably won't work too well on what you're trying to do. I have had good results with Marshall od in front of Marshall solid state amps. I think if you want to stay on this amp you'll need a modeler. Swapping the amp for tube and overdrive will probably give you better results.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah that may well be worth considering. this is getting a bit beyond my paygrade, lol. i just wanted to highlight that it probably wouldn't work the way an electric amp would.

Yeah, definitely not the same thing as having a real amp, but I've done something similar in the past & plugged a multi fx direct into a PA - I'd say it was acceptable, but then I was using an ME50 which doesn't have amp sims. The Zoom G2 I recommended does, so in theory it should work reasonably well.

Any more than "in theory" and "should", and I'd be talking above my paygrade too
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Bad Monkey is a great pedal for the money. A greater pedal for the money is the Hardwire CM-2. It's basically the next version of the BM. It has 2 modes and active bass and treble (cut and boost). Basically zero on the eq is at 12 noon and you can dial them both ways. It's an awesome eq. I use it as a clean boost - and it replaced my Maxon OD-808.
I got mine at Guitar Center used for $60.