So a few months back, a friend of mine was cleaning out his garage and I saw a 12 string electric guitar that looks really old. I asked him if I could see it and there was no brand name or anything on it. It looks like a Lyles or Univox, but the horns on it are pointed and not just rounded out. Any kind of help or insight would be fantastic.

Yeah I was gonna say I'd guess it's Japanese but then I saw the neck plate.

Looks like the earlier ones before MIJ got really sought-after (so 70s, probably, but don't quote me on that).

best bet might be to register on one of the japanese guitar forums (I mean forums about japanese guitars, not japanese language forums ). Tokai Registry is very good (they know way more than I do), Japanaxe and similar are pretty good too.

www.tokaiforum.com
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?