Hello!
I am leading the worship at my camp this summer with my acoustic guitar, and I really need a good case for it!
Here are the details:
We take a bus to the camp and back, so it will probably be very bumpy.
I would like something that I can carry easily.
My guitar is an Epiphone EJ-200 acoustic guitar.
I would like a case that is not very heavy. (optional, I suppose)
I would like a case that is reliable.
It needs to be a case I can get from Guitar Center.

Does anyone know of a good case that matches these requirements?
I know that a case would probably be better in this situation but since gig bags have straps that would be very helpful. If you know any good protective gig bags that would be great.
Have a blessed day!Have a blessed day!
Have a blessed day!
Last edited by strum_ at Jun 27, 2013,
Quote by 667
You should just bring it into the store and fit it to the one you like the best.

It will be obvious what cases are better when you actually handle them.

I have this one for my Seagull.... http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seagull-Embroidered-Logo-Guitar-Gig-Bag-104838180-i1401000.gc

It had nice padding and backpack straps.

The padding and backpack straps will be extra helpful since I'm keeping my guitar in my cabin and will have to walk quite a lot when I take my guitar around camp.
Have a blessed day!
Biggest part you forgot to mention is do you mean case as in a real hard shell case or are you looking for a crappy gig bag that really wont offer any protection aside from your guitar not getting dirty?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Jumbo-Hardshell-Guitar-Case-for-AJ-and-EJ-Series-Guitars-100132412-i1151312.gc

Above is THE Epiphone hard shell case designed specifically for your guitar, yeah it isn't the cheapest thing but certainly worth the investment, I personally do not buy a guitar unless it comes with or I can buy a hard shell case at the same time.

If you are looking gig bag wise I really can't suggest anything, basically just go in see which one fits your guitar the best and looks like it would provide the most protection for your guitar. Just note gig bags really have zero protection for traveling, bumps, spills, drops or anything else really for that matter.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Yeah, I would really prefer a case over gig bag. But I don't want to spend a ton of money on a case either.
Have a blessed day!
Quote by strum_
Yeah, I would really prefer a case over gig bag. But I don't want to spend a ton of money on a case either.

Yeah that is the downside, especially with your guitar. Since it is a Jumbo size finding a case is a bit more trickier then with a standard Dreadnaught and since they tend to have larger bodies you will be paying more. It really sucks Guitar Center doesn't carry Yorkville sound (or don't list it on their site at least) they get there cases made by the same company here in Canada that makes Gibson's cases, you can snag high quality hard shell cases for cheap. Could also try checking craigslist or even Guitar Center for something that is used, provided there are no cracks it would suit the job.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Reunion Blues, if you got the cash you'll never need another case
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Quote by McLeod
Reunion Blues, if you got the cash you'll never need another case

I went and saw one on Guitar Center's website, and they said that the put a guitar in the case, dropped it from 40 feet, and the guitar didn't have a single nick or scratch! Wow! The one thing I just can't figure out about it is whether or not my guitar will fit into it. My guitar is an Epiphone EJ-200 acoustic guitar. Do you know if it would fit?
Have a blessed day!
Guitarfetish.com ones are pretty good for the price!

I got a copy of a fender hardshell case wich costed $60, vs $220 of the original one.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.