Page 1 of 3
I don't know i I'm a nu-metal fan or not, of course, all the later too formulaic ones after a while got boring. Obvious.

But let's say I'm a Korn fan. I love Deftones, and System of A Down. Though I'm not completely sure if these guys are full nu-metal.

I listen to Limp Bizkit mostly for a nostalgia trip, though I think their early albums still have some kick ass material, the instrumental section of the band are in my opinion are pretty creative (Ex, Borland)

I think that most of these bands have always had a very creative vibe, Korn were very innovative, then broke away from what they started off with and up to their 5th album, stayed pretty damn creative and awesome.

Personally, I've always prefered this kind of music writing to bands going too super technical to the point that their boring or just try and be as heavy as possible.

Point is, I always see this music receive a sh*t ton of hate, and considering the points made, I don't really understand it. What's it all about?

Forget Durst. I can understand him up to a certain point.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
most of it is incredibly terrible

but korn, deftones and soad still have a special place in my heart
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nu Metal is a bullshit genre. How can a genre claim to have Slipknot, System of a Down, and Disturbed? Are you kidding me?
Quote by CoreysMonster
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nu Metal is a bullshit genre. How can a genre claim to have Slipknot, System of a Down, and Disturbed? Are you kidding me?

same thing can be said about any genre
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
But why do you think it's terrible. A lot of people in the pit seem to just say it is because everyone else here hates it, but no one says why
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Deftones have evolved beyond the nu-metal tag though.

I still listen to a lot of the bands from around then, but it's the same with any genre when it becomes successful - for every band that tries to innovate and work with the sound, there are a dozen others that produce generic bullshit to cash in - hence the dislike
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Nu metal is the same as every other genre. It hits and is the new hip "cool" thing then it becomes flooded with crappy bands that are just doing what sells so it becomes a watered down version of the awesome new thing that originally created the buzz. Then it becomes cool to hate on it to prove you have street cred. The key examples from the genre will be the ones that come back around in peoples opinion in like 10-15 years and the good examples of that genre. The backlash is always there it is just intensified now because on the internet everyone is free to shout their hatred from the mountain top. If you like the groups who cares what anyone thinks about them. I love slipknot and SOAD, do i like all Nu Metal? No, mostly it is crap just like all other music genre.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Did I just wake up in 1998?
That would be pretty awesome

Pretty sure it's not that trendy to hate on those bands nowadays
The amount of people who think it's cool to hate something: 0

The amount of people who say other people think they're cool to hate on something: everybody
I don't mind some Nu Metal. I dislike some Nu Metal.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Why does everyone question everyone why a genre/band gets a lot of hate? Why do you care??? It's probably because if everyone liked everything this world would be pretty messed up.

Except The Joshua Garcias because everyone loves The Joshua Garcias and people who think they don't are all secret Joshua Garcia closet case fans.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
korn =/= nu metal (to0 distinct and wide range of sound)

deftones =/= nu metal (yes, i have heard someone call deftones nu metal)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

deftones and korn are very much the epitome of nu metal
Quote by korinaflyingv
I still love listening to music labelled nu-metal. Korn were nothing short of brilliant, Limp Bizkit had a great grasp on creating catchy music, plus have two of the most underrated and creative musicians in Sam Rivers and Wes Borland. Disturbed I wouldn't describe as nu-metal, and their first two albums had some cracking songs on them. We'll forget about Coal Chamber. Deftones and Slipknot were kind of lumped into the genre because that's the time they started hitting out as well, but anyone with any sense will agree that they aren't nu-metal, and both have created such a huge following with consistently great albums... I could go on with what was great with 'nu-metal.'

But as stated before, people feel it's cool to hate on things, even if it is something that kind of ended 15 years ago.
Nu-metal originated from kids who had issues, vented through the music, and it proliferated to rich kids with first world problems.

Though he didn't play metal I'm pretty sure Cobain blew his head off because he was in the same spot- the music he poured his melancholic, drug-filled soul into was gobbled up by privileged suburban kids whose biggest fear was not getting the right car for their sweet 16.

Or maybe because it was mainly just pop with low tuned guitars, who knows
Like every genre, you have to sift through the shite to find the little golden nuggets of joy. Unfortunately, there's an awful lot of shite to filter in Nu metal.

Limp Bizkit's more "serious" songs are pretty damn good. For example: Rearranged, The Truth and Boiler. Unfortunately, Fred Durst is a bigger tool and a 50 foot high monkey wrench. SOAD and Deftones are fine examples of the aforementioned golden nuggets.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Also, Mudvayne's debut album is experimental as hell, and the production is top notch, even compared to today's standards. Shame they got so shit
Quote by Våd Hamster
Also, Mudvayne's debut album is experimental as hell, and the production is top notch, even compared to today's standards. Shame they got so shit

LD50 and The End Of All Things To Come were absolutely amazing albums. Interesting arrangements, fantastic drums and bass playing. Chad also has a pretty damn good set of lungs on him. When I first saw them live, I was quite surprised at how well he could switch between clean and dirty vocals.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Nu-metal originated from kids who had issues, vented through the music, and it proliferated to rich kids with first world problems.

Or maybe because it was mainly just pop with low tuned guitars, who knows

the shit was great to mosh to tho
sigless
I don't really hate it, but I never really got into any of that kind of stuff. Especially Slipknot, I just never understood it. 90's/00's Limp Bizkit should definitely be classified as "comedy" though. It's funny reading the lyrics to some of those songs William Shatner style. And those music videos... jeeeesuuuusss
Last edited by Redsectoreh at Jun 27, 2013,
korn had some pretty gay videos too... jon davis touching himself in the shower and such XD

freak on a leash was a cool vid tho........when i was 13
sigless
Every Limp Bizkit song is pretty much the same, but big-assed riffs always sound good.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
Every Limp Bizkit song is pretty much the same, but big-assed riffs always sound good.

Yeah, Wes Borland carried a lot of weight in that band, definitely.
Page 1 of 3