Read more and you will find out nobody recognizes them as a sovereign nation and the UK has long since increased its borders into international waters bringing them back into UK territory.

Then there is this snippet taken directly from that Wiki page...

The United Kingdom is one of 165 parties to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (in force since 1994), which states in part V, article 60, that: "Artificial islands, installations and structures do not possess the status of islands. They have no territorial sea of their own, and their presence does not affect the delimitation of the territorial sea, the exclusive economic zone or the continental shelf." In the opinion of law academic John Gibson, "because Sealand was man-made there was little chance that it would be recognized as a nation."

This is basically just a bunch of wannabe's who think they are Kings and Queens and they will even sell you a Lordship title and stupid crap like that, basically a money making scam run by some dumb wits who think they are royalty. I bet you if you got enough people from Texas and a big enough boat you could invade and take over Sealand, after all the crap they put the government through odds are they would tell them to get there own army since they are there own little country!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Haha! SO POINTLESS! just go to like, Scotland or something. No offense to Sealand tough. You can become a Knight of Sealand for 20 freakin' Euros!
Quote by sovaso
Haha! SO POINTLESS! just go to like, Scotland or something. No offense to Sealand tough. You can become a Knight of Sealand for 20 freakin' Euros!

The website I'm looking at says €117.

YOU LIED.

Edit: €23 to own part of it.
Actually, it has a really interesting history.

'In August 1978, while Bates and his wife were in England, Alexander Achenbach, who describes himself as the Prime Minister of Sealand, hired several German and Dutch mercenaries to spearhead an attack of Roughs Tower. They stormed the tower with speedboats, jet skis and helicopters, and took Bates' son hostage. Bates was able to retake the tower and capture Achenbach and the mercenaries. Achenbach, a German lawyer who held a Sealand passport, was charged with treason against Sealand and was held unless he paid DM 75,000 (more than US$35,000 or £23,000). The governments of the Netherlands, Austria and Germany petitioned the British government for his release, but the United Kingdom disavowed his imprisonment, citing the 1968 court decision. Germany then sent a diplomat from its London embassy to Roughs Tower to negotiate for Achenbach's release. Roy Bates relented after several weeks of negotiations and subsequently claimed that the diplomat's visit constituted de facto recognition of Sealand by Germany.'
I should get Knighthood so I can starting putting Sir on all of my job applications under the 'title' category.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
It looks like something that came out from that shitty movie "Water World"
Quote by perilio
It looks like something that came out from that shitty movie "Water World"

How does Kevin Costner keep getting work!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Sealand is awesome, you're the ones who suck.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Arsenal Gear!?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Lol, this sounds like something right out of sealab 2021. An obnoxious rich dude buys a sea platform just so he can call himself king and tell people what to do.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Sealand is a strange place... Its like 5 guys living on an oil rig in the middle of an ocean. We could ban ourselves together and take over sealand!
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by sovaso
Hey UG! I was looking at a list of communities in Britain for a school project and I found the smallest, most stupid country EVER!! Sealand!

You seem angry. Let them have their fun.
Quote by sovaso
Haha! SO POINTLESS! just go to like, Scotland or something. No offense to Sealand tough

also u wot
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Jun 27, 2013,