Adulthood
38 39%
Childhood
33 34%
Boyz n da hood
27 28%
Voters: 98.
Page 1 of 2
What do you guys think was, is, or has been better for you? Your childhood or your adulthood?

I would say childhood cuz you're a kid and you can do whatever the hell you want, but then I remember that I was super stressed out as a kid because the future was mega uncertain and my family was broken. At least now, even with taxes, bills and work, I can take control of life to some degree.
Probably adulthood....

If I could go back to childhood with what I know now, then it would be different...
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
Probably adulthood....

If I could go back to childhood with what I know now, then it would be different...

to some extent that pretty much says it for all of us and this thread
I'm not far into adulthood but adulthood has been better.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Childhood was fun because there really wasn't much resposibility; however Adulthood has allowed me to buy guitars and stuff my parents wouldn't have purchased for me while I was a child so Adulthood takes the cake.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
I had it really easy as a little kid but I was too dumb to know that and I was actually pretty unhappy and awful in general. So I guess I miss childhood but not being a child.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by captainsnazz
Adulthood but Kidulthood was even better.

Also, your threads make me miss trebor.

Got you covered little guy

NO VS THREADS >¦{o

Jk, totes adulthood.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Childhood never ends. What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes ?
Quote by Lord_Doku
Childhood never ends. What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes ?

so deep
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Philip_pepper
What do you guys think was, is, or has been better for you? Your childhood or your adulthood?

I would say childhood cuz you're a kid and you can do whatever the hell you want, but then I remember that I was super stressed out as a kid because the future was mega uncertain and my family was broken. At least now, even with taxes, bills and work, I can take control of life to some degree.

Weeeeeeeell, nope. As a kid, you maybe have few obligations, but you also have a massive amount of prohibitions and limitations forced by your parents in almost everything you do. And you must obey whatever they say, no matter how frustrating their commands and attitude towards you is.
Also, you are a fu*king child, you can't legally drink alcohol.
When you are adult, you can get back home from work, get into your living room, throw your underpants on the floor and sit on them, just because they are YOUR underpants. If you are an independent adult, you also have as much privacy and company as you wish. As a child you only had privacy when your parents fu*king decided so.

Dependant adults only remember that they didn't have to work and pay the bills when they were younger. They often forget all the bad stuff.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
I had a pretty awesome childhood. Then highschool came and that sucked for a bit. Now I'm going into adulthood soon so its hard to say..
Childhood? You make it seem like people actually grow up!

They may be working and take a bit more responsibility for their actions, but really I don't think people really change all that much. I still see people 40+ throw temper tantrums and shift the blame when they are the one's responsible for something.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
Weeeeeeeell, nope. As a kid, you maybe have few obligations, but you also have a massive amount of prohibitions and limitations forced by your parents in almost everything you do. And you must obey whatever they say, no matter how frustrating their commands and attitude towards you is.
Also, you are a fu*king child, you can't legally drink alcohol.
When you are adult, you can get back home from work, get into your living room, throw your underpants on the floor and sit on them, just because they are YOUR underpants. If you are an independent adult, you also have as much privacy and company as you wish. As a child you only had privacy when your parents fu*king decided so.

Dependant adults only remember that they didn't have to work and pay the bills when they were younger. They often forget all the bad stuff.

That would definitely depend on the style of parenting. I grew up in the middle of nowhere, and from the age of 6 could pretty much walk/cycle wherever I liked within a 10 mile radius and told my parents where I was planning to go. I was allowed to try a few alcoholic drinks, and never liked them so I didn't grow up wanting to rebel and get drunk. The few obligational chores I did have, I got pocket money for so they weren't horrible.
So far my adulthood as just been a money sucking, soul destroying, time consuming waste of effort putting up with other peoples's bullshit because now I'm old enough to.
Since age 18 or so, been consistently happier than I ever was before that, regardless of any shittier experiences/circumstances.
Well seeing as i had agoriphobia for half my childhood and im only just getting my life togeher ill have to say adulthood.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
That would definitely depend on the style of parenting. I grew up in the middle of nowhere, and from the age of 6 could pretty much walk/cycle wherever I liked within a 10 mile radius and told my parents where I was planning to go. I was allowed to try a few alcoholic drinks, and never liked them so I didn't grow up wanting to rebel and get drunk. The few obligational chores I did have, I got pocket money for so they weren't horrible.
So far my adulthood as just been a money sucking, soul destroying, time consuming waste of effort putting up with other peoples's bullshit because now I'm old enough to.

Well, you were kinda lucky. I guess you had as much privacy as you wanted. I'm still in my childhood, fighting my way through puberty, and I tell you what I already know - IT F*CKING SUCKS.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Aw yeah.
I'm not really an adult yet.. I don't have full rights in this country, anyway. In December that changes.

I like aspects of both. Childhood was sweet because of all the time in the world, your parents buying everything for you, every day besides school was just a chillfest with friends. Being broke and going to grade school sucked, though. Oh, and parental restrictions. I was one of the kids who couldn't play T rated games until at least age 12 and had to buy the clean version of CDs, lol.

Being more of an adult ushered in more responsibilities, obviously, but the freedom and actually having money is awesome. Parents stop giving a shit what you do for the most part, college life is sick, women become a welcome (mostly) factor, and I like having a job. Even if it's only part-time. College classes and debt suck, though.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Jun 27, 2013,
Everyone still in childhood will most likely say adulthood, everyone in adulthood will say childhood.

Childhood is better though, high school....those were the best days and you never realise while you're still there.
You can't do whatever you want as a kid, you can't do anything you want. Adulthood all the way.
I had tons of privacy when I was under 18. I didn't do many hooligan things either.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by AJScott
Childhood is better though, high school....those were the best days and you never realise while you're still there.

What high school sucked hardcore balls. Being a teenager is the worst time of your life, IMO.
Quote by AJScott

You say that because you are in the adulthood.

Also, if you didn't realize it's good to be there, then was actually good? Since "good" and "bad" are purely subjective terms.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Aw yeah.
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
You say that because you are in the adulthood.

You sound so whiny.

High school was shitty for me in many ways. The only great thing was being around my friends every day and band. I mostly hated everything else. College is superior.

Yea, most of my teen years were pretty awful. Probably about three years total of depression. Really terrible self esteem etc etc
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 27, 2013,
Why does everyone say that being in school is the best time of your life? I HATED school until I turned 13, then I LOVED it.
Quote by BladeSlinger
You sound so whiny.

Look at the first part of his post and you will get it.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Aw yeah.
I don't subscribe to such labels as "adult" or "child". I am a Swanson Man.

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Philip_pepper
Why does everyone say that being in school is the best time of your life? I HATED school until I turned 13, then I LOVED it.

Because high school is the easiest part of your life, you just sleep through your classes and goof off and get good grades
Quote by darkcheef
Because high school is the easiest part of your life, you just sleep through your classes and goof off and get good grades

Can confirm.

Who can honestly stay awake through an entire 8 AM economics class? Show me someone who can and I will show you a liar.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
At what age are we defining the split between childhood and adulthood? Because that's kind of important.

Well actually not really, since the obvious answer for me personally is childhood. Adulthood brings nothing but misery. I mean when you're a child you can still enjoy things and have hopes and dreams and shit. What's there even to live for in adulthood aside from reaching the end of your life?
Childhood.

I used to wake up everyday, look out the window, take a deep breath, and think "I love life."
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Definitely childhood. Happiness, joy, motivation, hope, friends, everything disappeared with childhood.
Quote by -Mantra-
Definitely childhood. Happiness, joy, motivation, hope, friends, everything disappeared with childhood.

Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I had dreams for a future as a child. Wildly outlandish dreams. F1 driver, fighter pilot, world traveler, etc. Now I have realized these are impossible and I must pay taxes and bills on everything while working a meaningless job everyday.

Yeah, being an adult sucks. Unless you actually get a job you like and follow your dreams.
Page 1 of 2